Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-May-2008"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Undo revision 95728 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk))
 
Line 11: Line 11:
 
|}
 
|}
  
Backup dial-in: International '''+44 (0)1452 567588''' / Freephone '''+1 (866) 6161738''' / UK '''08712460713''' / Passcode: '''0587322148 #'''
 
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.<br/>
 
 
== Invited Attendees ==
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
* ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
 
== Agenda ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008]]
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
 
=== '''New Stuff''' ===
 
* Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01869.html tm-dev E-Mail]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]]
 
* Javadoc API Tooling API Comments (@noextend and friends) - {{Bug|227368}}, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 4] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 6]
 
** [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]]
 
* Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 patches] (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
 
=== Committer Status and Report ===
 
* '''Javier''' - New Employer in Barcelona
 
* '''DaveD''' -
 
** {{bug|189274}} Import/export connections
 
* '''DaveM:''' -
 
** JUnit should autotest dstore against old servers as well - an IBM thing
 
* '''Kevin:''' -
 
* '''Xuan:''' -
 
* '''Martin:''' - {{bug|215301}} New project plan format -- Need to put Project Plan on the Web; '''AI Martin''' written ramp-down plan; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 
** JSch-0.1.37 done in Platform M6, Commons.Net 1.5.0 not yet released - '''AI Martin''' create placeholder CQ
 
** Next tasks - Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters; some exceptions observed by Uwe (Wind River) in our nightly wheels
 
** {{Bug|221190}} EFS getChild() with relative path - perhaps need to check whether our impl still works properly
 
** GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for {{Bug|185925}}
 
* '''Uwe:''' -
 
* '''Rupen:''' -
 
* '''Michael:''' -
 
* '''Eugene:''' -
 
* '''Rado:''' -
 
* '''Felix:''' -
 
* '''Questions'''
 
 
=== Future and Planning ===
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
 
** {{Bug|215301}} New Standard Project Plan Format
 
* TM Website
 
** '''AI Kevin''' follow up on his website proposals
 
 
=== '''Old Stuff'''
 
* '''Unit Tests''' - next priority after API
 
* Migrating to new Releng on dsdp.eclipse.org (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc)
 
* Finalizing all features for M7 Feature Freeze
 
* {{Bug|221211}} MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. '''AI DaveD/DaveM''' update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
 
* {{Bug|220379}} Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter - is this fixed now that IService is IAdaptable as per {{bug|226262}}? '''AI DaveM''' ask reporters
 
* {{Bug|220547}} SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local - '''AI DaveM''' think about
 
 
* '''Bugzilla''':
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
 
* '''Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests'''
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 31 weeks / 5 milestones, so each committer is due 62 fixes / 10 unittests
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
** Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag '''//-test-author:YourName''' in front of it
 
*** DaveM - 5
 
*** DaveD - 22
 
*** KevinD - 11
 
*** MartinO - 3
 
*** TobiasS - 3
 
*** UweS - 7
 
*** XuanC - 51
 
*** '''Total - 101'''
 
*** Javier - 0
 
 
== Vacation, away ==
 
* Rupen vacation May 8-15
 
* Martin public holidays Monday May 12, Thursday May 22
 
* Martin in Ottawa for [[E4/Summit]] May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
 
* Martin vacation June 11 - 22
 
* DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
 
* DaveD in July -- '''AI Martin''' finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
 
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* '''Everyone''': '''Fix PII Issues'''; '''Add @noextend etc''' according to [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] table; Review [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]]
 
* '''DaveD''': Merge Rupens patches; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
 
* '''DaveM''': create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Rupen''': Attach prototype patch for {{bug|227213}}
 
* '''Xuan''': Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Uwe''':
 
* '''Rado''':
 
* '''Felix''':
 
  
 +
Meeting was canceled due to very few committers available
 +
Next meeting is next week:
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-May-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=5&day=28&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-May-2008]] (1 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=5&day=21&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jun-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=4&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jun-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=4&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
  

Latest revision as of 10:06, 14 May 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday May 14, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype


Meeting was canceled due to very few committers available Next meeting is next week:

Next Meeting