Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Jun-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 72: Line 72:
 
*** Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;  
 
*** Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;  
 
*** Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;  
 
*** Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;  
*** Review and release Telnet fixes; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=186315 186315] EFS problematic URIs;  
+
*** Review and release Telnet fixes;
 +
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=186315 186315] EFS problematic URIs;  
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''deferred'''
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''deferred'''
*** UI/Non-UI: ISystemRegistry, SubSystemConfiguration
+
*** UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
 
** '''Kushal''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174789 174789] Property pages added to Wizard automatically: '''AI Kushal''' investigate
 
** '''Kushal''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174789 174789] Property pages added to Wizard automatically: '''AI Kushal''' investigate
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
Line 93: Line 94:
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=19&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC] - '''To be hosted by DaveD'''
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=19&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC] - '''To be hosted by DaveD''', different dial-in
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=4&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=4&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
  

Revision as of 10:15, 12 June 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jun 12, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 80% Release Review OK; Code Reviews; Licensing for Europa; Some simple fixes e.g. Terminal 0%
DaveD 90% 90%
DaveM 80% 80%
Kushal 40% 40%
Javier 30% Added Discovery Docs 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
  • A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.

Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (thursday)
    • RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29
  • Testing: Please use RSE recent I-builds yourselves in daily work
  • 2-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcase fixes allowed without review.
  • Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
    • Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
    • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ...
    • Discouraged Access Warnings: AI Martin switch off for dstore by using x-friend in Manifest
    • Our API is still declared "provisional"
  • Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
    • Javier:
    • DaveD: build master; coordinate committer meeting next week
      • Fix userdocs wrt team support, user actions / compile commands
    • DaveM:
    • Martin: SSH using new Jsch API from Platform RC3;
      • Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;
      • Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;
      • Review and release Telnet fixes;
      • 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
      • 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- deferred
      • UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
    • Kushal: 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Translation Testcases
  • DaveM: Refresh Bugs
  • Kushal:
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements;
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

Next Meeting