Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2006"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 26: Line 26:
 
** '''Get the APIs Right''' --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
 
** '''Get the APIs Right''' --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
 
** Get our '''Processes''' in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
 
** Get our '''Processes''' in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
 +
 +
=== Recent Download Statistics ===
 +
 +
Still disabled; for analysis, see [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006]]
 +
 
=== Latest News ===
 
=== Latest News ===
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 50% || || 50%
+
| Martin  || 50% || Fix Terminal Copyright Headers; Resolve MV Ssh Processes IP; Remove RSE/ssh dependency from Team/CVS; Prepare Testing; public holiday. TODO: Testing & Releng || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 50% ||  || 80%
 
| DaveD  || 50% ||  || 80%
Line 43: Line 48:
 
| Uwe    || 50% ||  ||
 
| Uwe    || 50% ||  ||
 
|-
 
|-
| Michael || 50% || ||
+
| Michael || 50% || Finish Terminal Work, mark bugzilla fixed ||
 
|}
 
|}
  
Line 52: Line 57:
 
* '''Compiler Warnings'''
 
* '''Compiler Warnings'''
 
** See the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#check_code Committer Howto] for settings
 
** See the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#check_code Committer Howto] for settings
*** 109 -> 113 -> connectorservice.dstore
+
*** 109 -> 113 -> 113 connectorservice.dstore
*** 176 -> 265 -> rse.core
+
*** 176 -> 265 -> 161 rse.core
*** 474 -> 558 -> files.ui
+
*** 474 -> 558 -> 558 files.ui
*** 637 -> 662 -> services
+
*** 637 -> 662 -> 662 services
*** 221 -> 250 -> subsystems.files.core
+
*** 221 -> 250 -> 248 subsystems.files.core
*** 1622 -> 346 -> rse.ui
+
*** 1622 -> 346 -> 293 rse.ui
 
* '''Quality'''
 
* '''Quality'''
** Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Tuesday Dec.12, see [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
+
** Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Wednesday Dec.13, see [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
 
** Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
 
** Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
 
** '''Docs are a high priority'''. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
 
** '''Docs are a high priority'''. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs

Revision as of 11:36, 12 December 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Dec 12, 2006 at 1700 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site

Recent Download Statistics

Still disabled; for analysis, see DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006

Latest News

Martin 50% Fix Terminal Copyright Headers; Resolve MV Ssh Processes IP; Remove RSE/ssh dependency from Team/CVS; Prepare Testing; public holiday. TODO: Testing & Releng 50%
DaveD 50% 80%
DaveM 80% 80%
Kushal 50% 50%
Javier 50% 50%
Ted 5%
Uwe 50%
Michael 50% Finish Terminal Work, mark bugzilla fixed

Upcoming Work

  • last day for RSE 1.0.1 fixes (bugzilla report)
  • Adding JUnit Tests (Uwe, DaveD)
  • RSE SystemView and Performance
  • Compiler Warnings
    • See the Committer Howto for settings
      • 109 -> 113 -> 113 connectorservice.dstore
      • 176 -> 265 -> 161 rse.core
      • 474 -> 558 -> 558 files.ui
      • 637 -> 662 -> 662 services
      • 221 -> 250 -> 248 subsystems.files.core
      • 1622 -> 346 -> 293 rse.ui
  • Quality
    • Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Wednesday Dec.13, see RSE 1.0.1 Testing
    • Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
    • Docs are a high priority. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
  • Planning 2.0
    • Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
      • Also need a CQ for two Userdoc files for the Internal Comms Daemon
    • RSE 2.0 Planning - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
    • Think about limiting the API: Make APIs internal along the way of updating documentation, and making Unit tests, we'll see some API we want "internal". We should DOCUMENT these for now and DO it soon after 1.0.1
    • New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW

Communications

  • Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ? - not yet
  • Shall we get rid of commented out source code ? - not yet
  • Change Requests
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Kushal away from 18th
    • Martin, DaveM away from 25th to 1st
    • Javier away from 25th to 8th
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (dstore);
  • Kushal - Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs
  • Martin - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bugs; Terminalview
  • Javier - Bugs;
  • Ted - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
  • Michael -
  • Uwe - RSE Systemview performance unit tests

Next Meeting