DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Sep 11, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007
- Skype Call Quality
- Intensive TM 2.0.1 Testing on Thursday
- Reminder: Aug 30th was RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th!
- Bugzilla TM "3.0" target milestone has been created; creating also "2.0.2" milestone; note that 2.0.2 bugs MUST be checked in to the branch, which is some effort, so this should be reserved for really important things only
- Branch not yet forked off, but policies do apply (need review)
- OK to check in to HEAD, Martin can merge to the branch
- Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
- Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
- Room with outside internet access should be available in customer briefing center
- DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
- DaveM: Need to think
- MartinO: UI/Non-UI; New-connection-wizard: more user friendly while keeping it pluggable
- Kevin will be dedicating some time (up to 20 hrs a week)
- Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
- DaveD: -
- bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce? - closing
- bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password - need to look at perl APIs for pwd access
- bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - not for 2.0.1
- bug 176577 - Moving hosts up+down - looking at for 2.0.1
- DaveM: - looking at these this week
- Kevin: - bug 168219 recursive delete w/read-only moved to "Future"
- Xuan: - bug 202686 - going to disable or fix supertransfer?
- Javier: - Just back from vacation; will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary
- bug 202758 FTP hangs completely due to missing server answer for completePendingCommand()
- Martin: - bug 202630 what is the meaning of the "default private system profile"? - WR Workbench automatically fills this from a Registry. Should RSE ensure that there is always exactly one default private profile? Into what profile should connections be auto-generated... should there be a "WR Registry" profile? But then, what if users create connections themselves, would they create them into the "WR Registry" profile?
- bug 202416 NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
- Uwe: -
- Rupen: -
- Michael: - Terminal Performance branch
- DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 9
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
- Xuan: Unit Tests
- Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
- Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements