Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 10:31, 5 September 2007 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Sep 11, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • Reminder: Aug 30th was RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th!
    • Bugzilla TM "3.0" target milestone has been created; creating also "2.0.2" milestone; note that 2.0.2 bugs MUST be checked in to the branch, which is some effort, so this should be reserved for really important things only
    • Branch not yet forked off, but policies do apply (need review)
    • OK to check in to HEAD, Martin can merge to the branch
    • Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
  • Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
    • Room with outside internet access should be available in customer briefing center
    • DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
    • DaveM: Need to think
    • MartinO: UI/Non-UI; New-connection-wizard: more user friendly while keeping it pluggable
    • Kevin will be dedicating some time (up to 20 hrs a week)
    • Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
  • DaveD: -
    • bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce? - closing
    • bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password - need to look at perl APIs for pwd access
    • bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - not for 2.0.1
    • bug 176577 - Moving hosts up+down - looking at for 2.0.1
  • DaveM: - looking at these this week
  • Kevin: -
    • bug 168219 - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
      • delete what we can delete, and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
  • Javier: - Just back from vacation; will look at bug 199773
  • Martin: -
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 6


Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Unit Tests
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting