Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
| '''asterisk.eclipse.org''' ID: '''
| '''asterisk.eclipse.org''' ID: '''''' Passcode: '''1234'''
| Backup Dial-in:
| Backup Dial-in:
Revision as of 04:03, 18 July 2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||asterisk.eclipse.org ID: 8980 Passcode: 1234|
|Backup Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Jul-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||Releng stuff for 18.104.22.168 / patches; Configurable port for SSH / Telnet||100%|
|DaveM||30%||some 2.0.1 fixes||70%|
Plan for the TM Future
- A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
- Martin edited the planning page, adding a top-10 list of priorities - everybody welcome to review
- TPTP AGR for Unit Tests?
- Eclipse Rumors
- Asterisk: New Eclipse.org conferencing solution - Need Idefisk 1.37, see Asterisk Conference Calls
- VoIP did not work for Xuan and DaveM (did not hear anything, were not asked for password)
- VoIP did not work for Javier (firewall issues: port UDP 4569 blocked)
- Javier tried US dialin to hook up with Martin only: heard quite some noise, Martin heard Javier but quite silent, also there seemed to be quite some delay. Martin will tell the Foundation people - keep the current phone number for now.
- Releng: TM 22.214.171.124 released to downloads and update site - fixes bug 192741 ZIP Archives and bug 194204 FTP Move
- Releasing this was quite some work, next time we should try hard getting critical fixes into the original release
- Should any more patches be needed, these will go into R2_0_patches branch of the mapfiles
- 2.0.1 work done in HEAD, with weekly I-builds on thursday
- Applying contributed patches: Please add the "contributed" kwd when checking in to CVS and adding to the tm-log.csv. Big thanks to Xuan, Kevin and Rupen for all the valuable contributions!
- 193329 First Column in Table View - WR would like to see a fix for 2.0.1
- DaveM to change the heading to "Label" instead of "Name" for 2.0.1; cannot easily filter it away or split off the Icon
- What is the intent of drag&drop a Subsystem? (Can currently drag to the Scratchpad; others look enabled but do not work)
- Only reason to drag hosts or subsystems is just for the Scratchpad; users might come up with a view where hosts are collected and grouped;
- User feedback is not very good (looks like one could drop the host in project explorer, but it does not do anything) - DaveM: not sure if we have control over that (With PluginTransfer we probably do not have enough information to give feedback it won't work) - AI Martin to file a bug regarding the canDrop user feedback
- Severity Major Bugs:
- DaveM: 193858 RSE folder tree problem - tempfiles do not take connection name or user id on remote side into account; similar to tempfiles structure does not support tunnelling - 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement - AI DaveM look at this week
- Martin: Telnet, EFS, Releng (consume Orbit officially)
- Any Doc issues still open? (AI DaveD) - some Tutorial issues; defer until late in the 2.0.1 cycle? DaveD like to do it a little earlier than in the absolute end.
- Kushal to reassign almost all of his bugs to the Inbox
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
- Adding Unit Tests will also be a high priority. Archive Handlers are a good candidate to test -- can write a single unit test for create, add, extract, modify, move and then apply to ZIP / Tar / Local / DStore
- Currently 19 JUnit tests in the org.eclipse.rse.test - AI Xuan to import into workspace, DaveD to answer questions
Work post 2.0.1
- Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- Xuan - maybe some public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
- DaveD working on and off
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- Everyone review the TM Future Planning page
- DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes, 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement
- Kushal: reassign bugs to Inbox
- Xuan: look at existing org.eclipse.rse.tests, start JUnit tests for archive handlers
- Martin: Contact Equinox people; File bug re. canDrop feedback; 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements