Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Apr-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 62: Line 62:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Apr-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Apr-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* DaveD: Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actinos)
+
* '''DaveD''': Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actions)
* DaveM: Major bugs for dstore, copying
+
* '''DaveM''': Major bugs for dstore, copying; Create ISubSystem.connect(IProgressMonitor, boolean)
* Kushal: EFS improvements, BIDI bugs
+
* '''Kushal''': EFS improvements, BIDI bugs
* Martin: Preparing Webinar; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
+
* '''Martin''': Preparing Webinar; Prepare Testing and Download Statistics; Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
* Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point
+
* '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [http://www.eclipse.org/community/webinars2006.php TM Webinar] [[12-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=12&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]; webinar on [[12-Apr-2007]]
+
* [http://www.eclipse.org/community/webinars.php#TM TM Webinar 12-Apr-2007]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=17&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=17&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
  

Latest revision as of 04:57, 16 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 10, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber (Michael Scharf n/a, Ted Williams n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] TM 2.0M6 Testing

  • AI Martin Prepare statistics on testing and downloads for the next committer meeting
    • Kushal: A couple of students going to help with testing internal and Open Source RSE in April - testing on Vista
    • Another students will be working 4 months starting in May, using openRSE for an internal project

[edit] Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Plan towards M7
    • Priority #1: Open Major Bugs - hanging dstore, Copying issues, NPEs
      • NLS bugs: BIDI, DBCS - Kushal has access to one of the BIDI machines, and can set up a DBCS environment on his Linux box. Priority: 2 rounds of testing: Enablement test - assure that assistence from knowledgeable people is there; assistence test in May. Want Enablement bugs fixed by this or next I-bugs.
      • Enablement Testers may be able to help fixing bugs and submitting patches - point them to the TM_and_RSE_FAQ
    • Priority #2: EFS: Project is closed on workspace re-start
      • Workaround: use local projects with linked resources instead
      • DaveD: CredentialsProvider should not need a shell when credentials are stored
      • AI DaveM Fix ISubSystem.connect(IProgressMonitor, boolean forcePrompt) to take a boolean force; keep old method as a delegate with default forcePrompt=false to avoid unnecessary API breaking change
      • Might come up with a point patch on update site for adding RSEFileStore.copy() and move() methods
    • Priority #3: Remaining API changes for Persistence, Refresh etc.
      • Mostly DaveD and Martin
      • Try to stay API compatible until the EFS and Major Bug fixes are in an I-build
    • Javier: FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
    • Useractions / Importexport: - AI Martin Move packages to "internal"; add to nightly builds; AI DaveD, Kushal persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; AI DaveM Import/Export
    • Migration Guide
      • Open Source: openRSE 1 -> openRSE 2 can be done by Martin
      • IBM internal RSE7 -> openRSE - a huge change, radically different than openRSE 1 -> openRSE 2, not done with some simple renamings; no hurry doing an RSE7 migration guide before the 2.0 release, people will not be moving before August.
    • Usersguide: - Will not be taken for translations before the 2.0 Golden Master


  • General Guidelines
    • Avoid breaking API changes if possible (keep delegate methods, use deprecation)

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Javier coming back to London tonight
  • DaveM will be here but just about 10% on Open Source this week
  • Kushal out 1/2 day on Tuesday (during meeting time), another 1/2 day on Wed and full day on Thur
  • DaveD out on Friday 20th

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actions)
  • DaveM: Major bugs for dstore, copying; Create ISubSystem.connect(IProgressMonitor, boolean)
  • Kushal: EFS improvements, BIDI bugs
  • Martin: Preparing Webinar; Prepare Testing and Download Statistics; Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point

[edit] Next Meeting