DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 8Feb07
|San Francisco (U.S.A. - California)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 6:00:00 AM||UTC-8 hours PST|
|Austin (U.S.A. - Texas)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 8:00:00 AM||UTC-6 hours CST|
|Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM||UTC-5 hours EST|
|Salzburg (Austria)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 3:00:00 PM||UTC+1 hour CET|
|Helsinki (Finland)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 4:00:00 PM||UTC+2 hours EET|
|Tokyo (Japan)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 11:00:00 PM||UTC+9 hours|
|Corresponding UTC (GMT)||Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 14:00:00||UTC|
- Skype: +99008275948062
- US: 605-475-8500
- UK: 0870 119 2350
- France: 0826 100 266
- Germany 01805 00 7620
- Austria: 0820 400 01562
- Enter Conference Room Number : 5948062
- Mika Hoikkala (absent)
- Martin Oberhuber
- Shigeki Moride
- Christian Kurzke
- Mark Rogalski
- Doug Gaff
- EclipseCon 2007
- 5-8 March 2007
- 6 short talk submissions and 6 slots, so I accepted all.
- Bof. Current one for DD/TM/TmL. Should we create a second one for MTJ/eRCP?
- Demos. We need to pick two from this list
|3795||Eclipse as foundation for J2ME development tools||Christian withdrew this one.|
|3814||Remote Management of Mobile Embedded Platforms||We liked this one, but we felt that 4046 also covered Equinox and added model-driven development to the embedded space.|
|3909||Medany Platform : an industrial usage of EMF, eRCP and Eclipse platforms||Recommended Industry Verticals for this demo. Doug will contact Donald.|
|4046||Model-driven embedded device solution development with Eclipse||We liked this the best for including both Equinox and model-driven development in embedded sensors. This will likely be accepted pending getting getting 4055 into the Open Source Pavilion.|
|4055||BPE - An Eclipse based BREW Application Development plug-in||Looks interesting. We'd like to get this into the Open Source Pavilion.|
|4107||Embedded sytesm debugging and profiling using CDT and TPTP-based environment||Looks like a good applications of TPTP in the embedded space, which we get a lot of requests for. This will likely be accepted pending getting getting 4055 into the Open Source Pavilion.|
- Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) West (placeholder)
- Planned press activities
- Who's going?
- Mark: can't go
- Shigeki: can't go
- Christian: will be going
- Martin: will resubmit talk and go if it's accepted
- Doug: will be going
- Submitted Talks
- "Using and Extending the Eclipse Target Management Tools" - Martin Oberhuber (never heard)
- "Embedded Debugging in Eclipse" - Pawel Piech (accepted)
- "Mobile Software Development in Eclipse" - Doug Gaff (declined)
- Up to the minute talk submitted by Doug to cover Mobile Java (MTJ, eRCP) - not likely to be accepted.
- Full descriptions
- Nov 6-8 in Reston, VA.
- Call for papers is open. April 13 is submission deadline. I was contacted by the organizer to get some embedded / mobile speakers.
- eRCP interested
- NAB will think about
- TM won't go
- TmL will talk to Dino
- MTJ - would be nice - Doug to follow up with Mika - talk to Kevin
- January Planning Council recap
- Europa stuff
- Eclipse translation project
- UI Working Group - Doug to send around presentation.
- Group is not crazy about adding another process to release review.
- Like the idea of updated guidelines.
- Project websites - need to get these Phoenix-compliant ASAP
- Project status, plans, Europa
- Toronto meeting update. Potential new committers for exemplary tools.
- No change from last meeting. Still trying to decide features for 1.1 release. Work will start in 2-4 weeks.
- Mark to follow up with Gorkem on help center and creating an eRCP feature & plug-in for docs and runtimes - to be used in an update site and future train release.
- Mika to follow up on Rauno committer vote. Doug offered to get Rauno website commit rights to update MTJ and what's new sections.
- No new information.
- Doug filed this bug to add Shigeki to Planet Eclipse.
- Getting momentum now. 800 downloads. More and more comments on newsgroups and mailing lists. Only committers come to the meetings. Looking forward to EclipseCon to get more feedback. Upcoming podcast (no date)..
- TM is registered for doing a podcast "some time this year" but there is no concrete date yet (no answer from Eclipse foundation).
- A Webinar on TM is scheduled for April 12 at 1500 UTC.
- Waiting for Mot to sign the committer agreement.