DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 8Aug07
|San Francisco (U.S.A. - California)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 6:00:00 AM||UTC-7 hours PDT|
|Austin (U.S.A. - Texas)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 8:00:00 AM||UTC-5 hours CDT|
|Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM||UTC-4 hours EDT|
|Salzburg (Austria)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 3:00:00 PM||UTC+2 hour CEST|
|Helsinki (Finland)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 4:00:00 PM||UTC+3 hours EEST|
|Tokyo (Japan)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 10:00:00 PM||UTC+9 hours|
|Corresponding UTC (GMT)||Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 13:00:00||UTC|
- US: 800-741-0846
- International: 706-679-953
- Passcode: 7817182169#
- Mika Hoikkala
- Martin Oberhuber
- Shigeki Moride
- Christian Kurzke
- Mark Rogalski
- Pawel Piech
- Doug Gaff
- As previously decided, projects leads are allowed to send designates.
- Project Updates
- Working on DSF 1.0. Contributions and patches from Ericsson.
- Project plan coming soon.
- Restarting the monthly meetings tomorrow. (Been having weekly technical meetings at this point.)
- 3 parts: DSF, IP-XACT, Platform/CDT
- Will be on Ganymede train.
- 1.1 release on Aug 1.
- Ganymede? Probably have resource problems. AI: Talk to Gorkem about resources
- Mark going to OpenSource in Mobile in September in Madrid - will present eRCP, but also some information on DSDP. 25 minute talk. Also asked him to participate in a panel.
- See [previous minutes] for notes on discussion.
- Meeting with interested parties to decide future MTJ steps. When, where?
- Adjacent to members meeting? AI: Doug to contact Rich today
- Asia OS Summit
- Offer to write an article EDN Japan. AI: Doug to send content
- AI: Doug to contact Bjorn about I18N for bugzilla
- Bug fixing mode
- Planning for Ganymede release cycle
- Face-to-face meeting in Toronto - 17-18 Sept.
- Newsgroup is a bit active, so he's seeing new people trying out TM.
- Talk at ESE.
- Mot has signed the member committer agreement.
- They have an initial code contribution going through Mot signoff. Framework for emulation using QEMU. Remote frame buffer (basically VNC) + a viewer to display the screen within Eclipse. Similar to what Symbian has done, but more generic. Plan is to plug in different emulators. They have discussed this with ARM. The framework is operating system agnostic. A lot of focus on input mechanisms - expanded VNC protocol for this.
- Pretty functionally complete. See whitepaper. Feedback from Xavier in TM group. Looking at better TM integration.
- Best case scenario roadmap - 1.0 by end of year. Doug suggested 1.0 for Ganymede. AI: Christian to talk to the team about getting on the train.
- Eclipse Summit Europe
- October 9-11, 2007
- eRCP talk
- TM talk
- DD talk
- Embedded Symposium
- EclipseCon 08 update from Doug
- New project - VPP - will post proposal this week or next week.
- General stuff
- NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
- DSDP Website - dynamic content
- eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
- DSDP Info center
- eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
- AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release