Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 7Aug08"

< DSDP‎ | PMC
(New page: == Time == [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=8&day=7&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=43&p4=223&p5=101&p6=248 World Clock] == Dial-in Info == ...)
 
Line 21: Line 21:
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
 
  
 
* AI review
 
* AI review
Line 28: Line 26:
 
** P3ML (no update)
 
** P3ML (no update)
 
*** Last email: Philippe needs help getting it through legal.
 
*** Last email: Philippe needs help getting it through legal.
* NAB on train
 
** Shigeki emailed cross projects.
 
* DSDP Incubator project
 
** Shigeki thinks it will be helpful to create one for training.
 
** Martin thinks it's a good idea, and also incubator subs on the sub-projects would be good.
 
** Pawel - how does this work? Can they do releases? Will they be responsible for infrastructure? Web page? Who will be the project lead of the incubator?
 
** Unanimous approval to create the incubator. '''Doug will start the process of creating a DSDP incubator and will build the initial website.'''
 
 
* Project Plans Schedule
 
* Project Plans Schedule
 
** First draft in [[Development_Resources/Project_Plan|new format]] due: by August meeting
 
** First draft in [[Development_Resources/Project_Plan|new format]] due: by August meeting
Line 40: Line 31:
 
** Roadmap generation: Sept 30  
 
** Roadmap generation: Sept 30  
 
** '''All: Start working on your project plans. First version: Aug 7. Version ready for roadmap: Sept 15.'''
 
** '''All: Start working on your project plans. First version: Aug 7. Version ready for roadmap: Sept 15.'''
** Discussion
+
* Committer voting
*** Martin: TM plan is done. It's really easy to do, and you can copy it.
+
** Patch visibility requirements?
*** Dave - comments of plan changes.
+
* DSDP presentation to Board in September
*** Pawel - DD is a release this year.
+
* EETimes India article
*** Eric - sounds good. Timing works out.
+
** RTSC participation?
*** Christian - we're confident that we're joining the train.
+
* ESE (notes from last time - to be updated at the meeting)
*** Shigeki - wants to follow an example.
+
* ESE
+
 
** Uriel - eRCP/Expeditor/Titan
 
** Uriel - eRCP/Expeditor/Titan
 
** TM/TCF - Martin, Michael
 
** TM/TCF - Martin, Michael
Line 58: Line 47:
 
** Dave thinks it's a great idea. Dave would like to get RTSC into the package at some point in the future.
 
** Dave thinks it's a great idea. Dave would like to get RTSC into the package at some point in the future.
 
** Words of support from Doug.
 
** Words of support from Doug.
* Project Updates
+
* DSDP Incubator project (no progress)
 +
** Unanimous approval to create the incubator. '''Doug will start the process of creating a DSDP incubator and will build the initial website.'''
 +
* Project Updates (notes from last time - to be updated at meeting)
 
** DD
 
** DD
 
*** Ganymede release! Still need to update the website.
 
*** Ganymede release! Still need to update the website.
Line 75: Line 66:
 
*** Japanese bugzilla.
 
*** Japanese bugzilla.
 
** RTSC
 
** RTSC
*** Dual license for runtime.
+
*** Dual license for runtime: Are CQ's filed?
 
*** Provisioning form filled out.  
 
*** Provisioning form filled out.  
 
*** Finishing internal release. '''Dave will ping the PMC when his internal release is done.'''
 
*** Finishing internal release. '''Dave will ping the PMC when his internal release is done.'''
Line 91: Line 82:
 
*** In parallel we are discussing some issues about Studio x TmL but just one or two small bugs.
 
*** In parallel we are discussing some issues about Studio x TmL but just one or two small bugs.
 
*** We have a talk on TmL at Linux World
 
*** We have a talk on TmL at Linux World
* Next Meeting: Aug 7
+
* Next Meeting: Sept 11 (I have a conflict on Sept 4).
 +
 
 +
== Old Business ==
  
 
* (Deferred) Introducing the [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/vpp/ VPP] proposed project and Mark Burton
 
* (Deferred) Introducing the [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/vpp/ VPP] proposed project and Mark Burton

Revision as of 11:55, 5 August 2008

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Mark Rogalski
  • Dave Russo

New Business

  • AI review
    • RTSC provisioning - form filled out. Not sure about legal paperwork.
    • P3ML (no update)
      • Last email: Philippe needs help getting it through legal.
  • Project Plans Schedule
    • First draft in new format due: by August meeting
    • Final version: Sept 15
    • Roadmap generation: Sept 30
    • All: Start working on your project plans. First version: Aug 7. Version ready for roadmap: Sept 15.
  • Committer voting
    • Patch visibility requirements?
  • DSDP presentation to Board in September
  • EETimes India article
    • RTSC participation?
  • ESE (notes from last time - to be updated at the meeting)
    • Uriel - eRCP/Expeditor/Titan
    • TM/TCF - Martin, Michael
    • Debugging - Pawel
    • MTJ - travel is not likely. Christian: Submit a talk and investigate a trip for ESE.
    • RTSC - dave is in a similar travel situation. Dave: Submit a talk and investigate a trip for ESE.
    • NAB - probably can't go.
  • Packaging proposal
    • The wiki page has ideas, roadmap, initial steps, and initial package list.
    • Dave thinks it's a great idea. Dave would like to get RTSC into the package at some point in the future.
    • Words of support from Doug.
  • DSDP Incubator project (no progress)
    • Unanimous approval to create the incubator. Doug will start the process of creating a DSDP incubator and will build the initial website.
  • Project Updates (notes from last time - to be updated at meeting)
    • DD
      • Ganymede release! Still need to update the website.
      • Working on 1.1 release now. Non-stop multi-threading and multi-process debugging. WR is working on debugger view improvements.
    • eRCP (no update)
      • eRCP in OSGi standardization - approved at board.
      • P3ML in eRCP - not getting critical mass.
    • MTJ
      • Sybase has joined the project.
      • Craig is actively contributing.
      • Working on a 0.9.5 release of MTJ.
      • EclipseME ramp-down likely in Q3, perhaps aligned with a 1.0 release.
    • NAB
      • Ganymede train.
      • Japan working group - released Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 Japanese language pack.
      • Japanese bugzilla.
    • RTSC
      • Dual license for runtime: Are CQ's filed?
      • Provisioning form filled out.
      • Finishing internal release. Dave will ping the PMC when his internal release is done.
      • Redoing internal documentation in wiki. Eventually to move to Eclipse.
    • TM
      • Ganymede.
      • Bug fixes and maintenance.
      • Google summer of code student - mid-term evaluation in progress now.
    • TmL
      • Yufen from MontaVista has made a code contribution and Otavio is analyzing
      • Daniel finish Eugene from MV code changes and we are trying to commit into CVS.
      • We are looking at a TM/TmL integration and have some interest in using TCF for data acquisition/transfer.
      • Otavio is working in a PoC using /proc filesystem.
      • We are working on a first version of update site and we have asked Martin for help to make our build scripts. The build system documentation is poor.
      • In parallel we are discussing some issues about Studio x TmL but just one or two small bugs.
      • We have a talk on TmL at Linux World
  • Next Meeting: Sept 11 (I have a conflict on Sept 4).

Old Business

  • (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
  • (Info) Search CVS

Back to the top