Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 3Jul08

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Mark Rogalski
  • Dave Russo

New Business

  • AI review
    • RTSC provisioning
    • P3ML
      • Philippe needs help getting it through legal.
  • NAB on train
    • (discussion)
  • DSDP Incubator project
    • (discussion)
  • Project Plans Schedule
    • First draft in new format due: by August meeting
    • Final version: Sept 15
    • Roadmap generation: Sept 30
    • All: Start working on your project plans!
  • ESE
    • Uriel - eRCP/Expeditor/Titan
    • TM/TCF - Martin, Michael
    • Debugging - Pawel
    • Others? RTSC, MTJ?
  • Packaging proposal
    • (discussion)
  • Project Updates (copied from last meeting so we can review the action items)
    • DD
      • Ramping down for Ganymede. Basically in feature freeze at this point.
      • Disasm view is last major feature to make DD 1.0 a full-featured debugger.
    • eRCP
      • Developing new functionality for 1.2 release – on target for July.
      • In the case of Windows Mobile, there will be only partial support in 1.2.
      • S60 is still in progress, though. Need to talk to Gorkem.
      • Made some progress on trying to get weekly builds done. Native builds are done. Java portions in progress. Uriel is talking to Ted today.
      • eRCP in OSGi standardization.
        • Ed Cobb is no longer on the Board.
        • Mark: Follow up with Jeff McAfer to discuss Eclipse Board support for eRCP standardization.
      • Terminal on eRCP - Mark commented on Bug bug 168197.
        • Martin will work on a scaled back version of terminal, perhaps as an example.
      • P3ML in eRCP
        • Gorkem not really in favor of this. Feels like competition with eSWT. Doesn't want to confuse users with multiple application models.
        • Mark: check in with Philippe on approval for P3ML in eRCP.
        • We'll need to decide what to do after that.
      • (done) Mark: follow up with Sprint and Prosyst on EPL redistribution requirements as discussed on PMC call.
        • Done. They are aware, and they are trying to figure out how they will do it.
    • MTJ
      • Nightly build from two weeks ago put up. (Progress!!)
      • Working on legal feedback from Eclipse team on some of Craig’s code.
      • Want to release a real milestone build next.
    • NAB
      • Release 0.9.9 on the Ganymede train. Almost done. A few minor bugs to fix.
      • Doug: talk to Bjorn about NAB 1.0 and then meet with Shigeki.
      • Shigeki talked to Japan working group and individual developers – they really need a completely localized website and mailing list. Biggest problem is Bugzilla. We need a Japanese interface for this.
      • NAB community is mostly WideStudio currently.
    • RTSC
      • Still not provisioned yet. Still working on it.
      • (done) Dave: organize an open technical call to follow up on technical questions from the creation review.
        • Found a good time. Will schedule a call today.
      • (in progress) Dave: follow up with TI on EPL and run-time components of RTSC as discussed on PMC call.
        • A meeting is setup tomorrow with the TI legal team, also including Steve Blonstein.
        • Questions about GPL linking to EPL code.
    • TM
      • Working on Ganymede now.
      • (ran out of time for a longer update - perhaps an update of Google SoC student next time.)
    • TmL
      • First external commit in due diligence. Crypto issue. Will get back to after Java One.
      • Had some discussions with Mark Burton from VPP. Looking for overlap, but nothing new to report yet.

Old Business

  • (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
  • (Info) Search CVS