Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 3Jul08"
(New page: == Time == [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=7&day=3&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=43&p4=223&p5=101&p6=248 World Clock] == Dial-in Info == ...)
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
== New Business ==
== New Business ==
== Old Business ==
== Old Business ==
Revision as of 08:33, 1 July 2008
- US: 800-741-0846
- International: 706-679-9532
- Passcode: 7817182169#
- Eric Cloninger
- Doug Gaff
- Christian Kurzke
- Shigeki Moride
- Martin Oberhuber
- Pawel Piech
- Mark Rogalski
- Dave Russo
- DSDP Incubator project
- General topics
- Please register a link to your votes on the main PMC page.
- Martin doesn't want to reproduce the portal. Doug noted that the portal doesn't give the PMC the ability to conduct full votes right now. For committer elections and contributions, only 1 PMC member is required. Since we have a policy of discussing these things across the PMC, we have to use the mailing list for this.
- All: (Done) Review revised development process: bug 220871 Dev Process Link
- Martin and Pawel have looked. No one else has any comments.
- All: (Done) Review standard project plan format discussion bug 215301. First implementation in June.
- No comments. Martin thinks this will make things easier.
- From EclipseCon: Sourceforge (or other) package for embedded and mobile development – Eclipse and non-eclipse components. Perhaps a Cloudsmith solution could work. Cloudsmith is working on this now. Martin: Distribute notes on embedded/mobile package and start a wiki to track ideas. Link to cross projects discussion.
- Inactive committers cleanup
- In progress on DD and TM. eRCP already done. No others required.
- Search CVS
- Website maintenance
- Doug’s working on getting Eclipse PDT setup. Doug: write-up some instructions for using Eclipse PDT for website maintenance.
- Dave needs to migrate an internal Media Wiki and some PHP to Eclipse. Dave: start a conversation with the webmasters about how to best migrate internal media wiki and php code to Eclipse servers.
- Eric may want commit rights on the main DSDP page at some point.
- Project Updates (copied from last meeting so we can review the action items)
- Ramping down for Ganymede. Basically in feature freeze at this point.
- Disasm view is last major feature to make DD 1.0 a full-featured debugger.
- Developing new functionality for 1.2 release – on target for July.
- In the case of Windows Mobile, there will be only partial support in 1.2.
- S60 is still in progress, though. Need to talk to Gorkem.
- Made some progress on trying to get weekly builds done. Native builds are done. Java portions in progress. Uriel is talking to Ted today.
- eRCP in OSGi standardization.
- Ed Cobb is no longer on the Board.
- Mark: Follow up with Jeff McAfer to discuss Eclipse Board support for eRCP standardization.
- Terminal on eRCP - Mark commented on Bug bug 168197.
- Martin will work on a scaled back version of terminal, perhaps as an example.
- P3ML in eRCP
- Gorkem not really in favor of this. Feels like competition with eSWT. Doesn't want to confuse users with multiple application models.
- Mark: check in with Philippe on approval for P3ML in eRCP.
- We'll need to decide what to do after that.
- (done) Mark: follow up with Sprint and Prosyst on EPL redistribution requirements as discussed on PMC call.
- Done. They are aware, and they are trying to figure out how they will do it.
- Nightly build from two weeks ago put up. (Progress!!)
- Working on legal feedback from Eclipse team on some of Craig’s code.
- Want to release a real milestone build next.
- Release 0.9.9 on the Ganymede train. Almost done. A few minor bugs to fix.
- Doug: talk to Bjorn about NAB 1.0 and then meet with Shigeki.
- Shigeki talked to Japan working group and individual developers – they really need a completely localized website and mailing list. Biggest problem is Bugzilla. We need a Japanese interface for this.
- NAB community is mostly WideStudio currently.
- Still not provisioned yet. Still working on it.
- (done) Dave: organize an open technical call to follow up on technical questions from the creation review.
- Found a good time. Will schedule a call today.
- (in progress) Dave: follow up with TI on EPL and run-time components of RTSC as discussed on PMC call.
- A meeting is setup tomorrow with the TI legal team, also including Steve Blonstein.
- Questions about GPL linking to EPL code.
- Working on Ganymede now.
- (ran out of time for a longer update - perhaps an update of Google SoC student next time.)
- First external commit in due diligence. Crypto issue. Will get back to after Java One.
- Had some discussions with Mark Burton from VPP. Looking for overlap, but nothing new to report yet.
- Upcoming events (not discussed)
- (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
- General stuff
- NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
- DSDP Website - dynamic content
- eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
- DSDP Info center
- eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
- AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release