Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 2Nov07"

< DSDP‎ | PMC
(New Business)
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
* US: 800-741-0846
 
* US: 800-741-0846
* International: 706-679-953
+
* International: 706-679-9532
 
* Passcode: 7817182169#
 
* Passcode: 7817182169#
  
 
== Invited Attendees ==
 
== Invited Attendees ==
  
* Mark Burton
+
* Mark Burton (traveling)
* Mika Hoikkala
+
* Mika Hoikkala (absent)
* Martin Oberhuber
+
** Martin Oberhuber
* Shigeki Moride
+
** Shigeki Moride
* Christian Kurzke
+
** Christian Kurzke
* Mark Rogalski
+
** Mark Rogalski
* Pawel Piech
+
** Pawel Piech
* Doug Gaff
+
** Doug Gaff
 
* As [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DSDP/PMC/PMC_Minutes_5Mar07 previously decided], projects leads are allowed to send designates.
 
* As [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DSDP/PMC/PMC_Minutes_5Mar07 previously decided], projects leads are allowed to send designates.
  
Line 47: Line 47:
 
*** (1) Target Management (Martin, Dave)  
 
*** (1) Target Management (Martin, Dave)  
 
*** (2) eRCP/eSWT (Gorkem, Mark)  
 
*** (2) eRCP/eSWT (Gorkem, Mark)  
*** (3) Building a debugger on DSF and Flexible Hierarchy (Darin, Pawel)  
+
*** (3) Building a debugger on DSF and Flexible Hierarchy (Darin, Pawel) - Will maybe use CDT's slot.
 
** Long Talks (4)  
 
** Long Talks (4)  
*** (1) Tools for Mobile Linux (Christian)  
+
*** (1) Tools for Mobile Linux (Christian/Maureen) - implementor focus
 
*** (2) User focused talk / panel  
 
*** (2) User focused talk / panel  
 
*** (3) User focused talk  
 
*** (3) User focused talk  
Line 60: Line 60:
 
**** (4) NAB (Shigeki)  
 
**** (4) NAB (Shigeki)  
 
*** Emerging technology  
 
*** Emerging technology  
**** (5) TmL (Christian)  
+
**** (5) TmL (Christian) - demo
 
**** (6) VPP (Mark)  
 
**** (6) VPP (Mark)  
 
**** (7) RTSC (proposed project lead)  
 
**** (7) RTSC (proposed project lead)  
Line 71: Line 71:
 
** PC meeting in Reston next week
 
** PC meeting in Reston next week
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ganymede_Simultaneous_Release Ganymede]
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ganymede_Simultaneous_Release Ganymede]
** '''AI: Martin, Pawel, Ted - please comment on the must do's in the list.'''
+
*** 13-15 are new this year
*** Martin - List looks OK except for #15 (plugin sizes in features), due to {{Bug|163406}}
+
*** Martin - List looks OK except for #15 (plugin sizes in features), due to {{Bug|163406}}.  Without the resolution of the bug, this is useless.  #13 probably just means project should check that pack200 works, since it's automatic for the coordinated update site.  #14 should be easy since the bugs are fixed.
** eRCP?
+
*** Pawel - Requirements look good.  Ted was ok with the requirements.
** NAB?
+
*** eRCP - Mark - difficult because they don't have the resources to keep up with milestones.
 +
*** NAB - Shigeki.  Hope to get on the train by M4.  Don't want to use orbit.  #1 test - how much testing do I need to do with other projects? Need to investigate 5,6,13,14,15.
 +
** TmL will try to release with the train but not participate.
  
 
* Upcoming events
 
* Upcoming events
 
** Mark: report on OSIM in Madrid.
 
** Mark: report on OSIM in Madrid.
 +
*** Mostly about using Linux on mobile devices.  There were a few topics using Java code.  My presentation went well.  The slides are on the eRCP website.  Couple of leads for eRCP project.
 
** Doug/Martin/Pawel/Mark: [http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2007 Eclipse Summit Europe] wrap-up.
 
** Doug/Martin/Pawel/Mark: [http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2007 Eclipse Summit Europe] wrap-up.
*** Doug: embedded symposium [http://douggaff.blogspot.com/2007/10/eclipse-summit-europe-day-one-device.html summary]. Detailed notes to follow.  One action item for Mark: desire for P3ML in eRCP.
+
*** Doug: embedded symposium [http://douggaff.blogspot.com/2007/10/eclipse-summit-europe-day-one-device.html summary]. Detailed notes to follow.  One action item for Mark: desire for P3ML in eRCP.  UGL (universal graphics library).  eSWT sits on top of this.  P3ML also does.
 +
*** Martin: Europe seems very focused on modeling. One interesting talk was gEclipse (project for Grid Computing - wide area networking) - doesn't really cover parallel programming or debugging, it's about the distribution mechanics.  Some potential usage of TM.
 +
*** Pawel: Attendees were mixed: some people who really need the technology, and some who weren't familiar with the technology at all.  Really noticed a need for the tutorial for EclipseCon.
 
** Martin: Eclipse Now You Can wrap-up.
 
** Martin: Eclipse Now You Can wrap-up.
 +
*** Small conference and specific to France. Some managers from major French companies.
 +
*** embedded Java compiler - potential contribution.
 
** [http://www.ossummit.com/ OS Summit Asia] - 26-30 Nov
 
** [http://www.ossummit.com/ OS Summit Asia] - 26-30 Nov
 
*** Shigeki: do you need anything else from us?
 
*** Shigeki: do you need anything else from us?
 +
*** Mark needs to send some revisions to Shigeki this week.
 
** [https://developerdays.dev.java.net/ Java Developer Days] - 23-24 Jan
 
** [https://developerdays.dev.java.net/ Java Developer Days] - 23-24 Jan
 
*** eRCP paper from Gorkem?
 
*** eRCP paper from Gorkem?
Line 89: Line 97:
 
* Project Updates
 
* Project Updates
 
** DD
 
** DD
 +
*** Most of the activity is around DSF.  On track for 1.0 in Ganymede.
 +
*** The MI reference implementation needs to be evaluated to see if it will fit in CDT 5.0.
 
** eRCP
 
** eRCP
*** GTK runtime contribution.
+
*** 1.0.3 maintenance release.
 +
*** Working a lot on eRCP standardization.  Will likely have to dual license the Eclipse code, because OSGi doesn't want to provide a specification under EPL.  Will take this proposal forward at the next Eclipse Board meeting.  In December, the Eclipse Board will vote.
 +
*** GTK runtime contribution. Waiting on IBM legal approval.
 
** MTJ
 
** MTJ
 +
*** Meeting later today.
 
** NAB
 
** NAB
 +
*** Added some files to help build NAB.  Doug S has been giving them feedback.
 
** TM
 
** TM
 +
*** Maintenance and lots of bug fixes for the terminal.  Next milestone is 2 weeks away.
 +
*** TCF contribution is coming soon.
 
** TmL
 
** TmL
*** (from last meeting) Best case scenario roadmap - 1.0 by end of yearDoug suggested 1.0 for Ganymede.  ''AI: Christian to talk to the team about getting on the train.''
+
*** Internal code scan doneReady to submit Eclipse CQ.
 +
*** Working on continuous development approval.
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==

Revision as of 09:03, 1 November 2007

Time

San Francisco (U.S.A. - California) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 6:00:00 AM UTC-7 hours PDT
Austin (U.S.A. - Texas) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 8:00:00 AM UTC-5 hours CDT
Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM UTC-4 hours EDT
Salzburg (Austria) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 2:00:00 PM UTC+1 hour CET
Helsinki (Finland) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 3:00:00 PM UTC+2 hours EET
Tokyo (Japan) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 10:00:00 PM UTC+9 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Friday, November 2, 2007 at 13:00:00 UTC

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Mark Burton (traveling)
  • Mika Hoikkala (absent)
    • Martin Oberhuber
    • Shigeki Moride
    • Christian Kurzke
    • Mark Rogalski
    • Pawel Piech
    • Doug Gaff
  • As previously decided, projects leads are allowed to send designates.

New Business

  • Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
  • EclipseCon submissions
    • 2 weeks left until the submission deadline closes. It's very important to get the submissions in ASAP.
    • Allocation notes: I am trying to leave room for submissions that aren’t specifically DSDP, but are in the embedded/mobile space. VPP and RTSC are newly proposed projects (only one has been officially announced).
    • Doug S has offered a tutorial slot from CDT so that #3 below can be two slots long.
    • Tutorials (3)
      • (1) Target Management (Martin, Dave)
      • (2) eRCP/eSWT (Gorkem, Mark)
      • (3) Building a debugger on DSF and Flexible Hierarchy (Darin, Pawel) - Will maybe use CDT's slot.
    • Long Talks (4)
      • (1) Tools for Mobile Linux (Christian/Maureen) - implementor focus
      • (2) User focused talk / panel
      • (3) User focused talk
      • (4) User focused talk
    • Short Talks (10)
      • What's new in Ganymede
        • (1) Target Management (Martin)
        • (2) Device Debugging (Pawel)
        • (3) eRCP (Gorkem, Mark)
        • (4) NAB (Shigeki)
      • Emerging technology
        • (5) TmL (Christian) - demo
        • (6) VPP (Mark)
        • (7) RTSC (proposed project lead)
      • User focused talks (e.g. applications of eRCP, TM, NAB, OSGi in embedded, etc.)
        • (8) User focused talk
        • (9) User focused talk
        • (10) User focused talk
  • Ganymede release train
    • PC meeting in Reston next week
    • Ganymede
      • 13-15 are new this year
      • Martin - List looks OK except for #15 (plugin sizes in features), due to bug 163406. Without the resolution of the bug, this is useless. #13 probably just means project should check that pack200 works, since it's automatic for the coordinated update site. #14 should be easy since the bugs are fixed.
      • Pawel - Requirements look good. Ted was ok with the requirements.
      • eRCP - Mark - difficult because they don't have the resources to keep up with milestones.
      • NAB - Shigeki. Hope to get on the train by M4. Don't want to use orbit. #1 test - how much testing do I need to do with other projects? Need to investigate 5,6,13,14,15.
    • TmL will try to release with the train but not participate.
  • Upcoming events
    • Mark: report on OSIM in Madrid.
      • Mostly about using Linux on mobile devices. There were a few topics using Java code. My presentation went well. The slides are on the eRCP website. Couple of leads for eRCP project.
    • Doug/Martin/Pawel/Mark: Eclipse Summit Europe wrap-up.
      • Doug: embedded symposium summary. Detailed notes to follow. One action item for Mark: desire for P3ML in eRCP. UGL (universal graphics library). eSWT sits on top of this. P3ML also does.
      • Martin: Europe seems very focused on modeling. One interesting talk was gEclipse (project for Grid Computing - wide area networking) - doesn't really cover parallel programming or debugging, it's about the distribution mechanics. Some potential usage of TM.
      • Pawel: Attendees were mixed: some people who really need the technology, and some who weren't familiar with the technology at all. Really noticed a need for the tutorial for EclipseCon.
    • Martin: Eclipse Now You Can wrap-up.
      • Small conference and specific to France. Some managers from major French companies.
      • embedded Java compiler - potential contribution.
    • OS Summit Asia - 26-30 Nov
      • Shigeki: do you need anything else from us?
      • Mark needs to send some revisions to Shigeki this week.
    • Java Developer Days - 23-24 Jan
      • eRCP paper from Gorkem?
    • EclipseCon 08 - 17-20 Mar
  • Project Updates
    • DD
      • Most of the activity is around DSF. On track for 1.0 in Ganymede.
      • The MI reference implementation needs to be evaluated to see if it will fit in CDT 5.0.
    • eRCP
      • 1.0.3 maintenance release.
      • Working a lot on eRCP standardization. Will likely have to dual license the Eclipse code, because OSGi doesn't want to provide a specification under EPL. Will take this proposal forward at the next Eclipse Board meeting. In December, the Eclipse Board will vote.
      • GTK runtime contribution. Waiting on IBM legal approval.
    • MTJ
      • Meeting later today.
    • NAB
      • Added some files to help build NAB. Doug S has been giving them feedback.
    • TM
      • Maintenance and lots of bug fixes for the terminal. Next milestone is 2 weeks away.
      • TCF contribution is coming soon.
    • TmL
      • Internal code scan done. Ready to submit Eclipse CQ.
      • Working on continuous development approval.

Old Business

  • General stuff
    • NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
    • DSDP Website - dynamic content
    • eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
    • DSDP Info center
      • Instructions
      • eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
      • AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release