DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 17Apr08
- US: 800-741-0846
- International: 706-679-9532
- Passcode: 7817182169#
- Dave Russo
- Martin Oberhuber
- Shigeki Moride (absent)
- Christian Kurzke (absent)
- Mark Rogalski
- Pawel Piech (unavailable)
- Doug Gaff
- Welcome Dave Russo and RTSC project
- Summary of recent voting
- Martin, Pawel, Doug, Shigeki (need:Christian, Mark) - Mark gave his +1 vote on the call
- Shigeki, Doug, Martin, Pawel (after meeting) (need:Mark, Christian)
- Christian, Doug, Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel (done)
- MV Contribution
- Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel, Dave, Doug (need:Christian)
- Upcoming events (not discussed)
- DSDP site mainteance
- Fabio can ask for commit rights, as can anyone else who wants to maintain the main web page.
- Deferred to next meeting
- Project Updates
- DD (Doug reported for Pawel)
- Working on 1.0 in Ganymede.
- 1.1 release planned for Fall - Ericsson and WR both need.
- Disasm view is last major feature.
- 1.2 release coming up in July
- Move to RT project after 1.2 release
- Terminal on eRCP - Martin filed a bug to help strip this down. Needs some advice. Mark: Please take a look at Martin's bug. bug 168197
- eRCP in OSGi standardization. Mark: please organize a call with Ed Cobb, Doug Gaff, Jeff McAfer to discuss board vote on standardization.
- P3ML in eRCP - still need a call with Philippe Krief. Mark: please check in with Philippe on approval for P3ML in eRCP.
- Build: native weekly builds post to cvs. After builds are done, hook up with Ted.
- Mark: follow up with Sprint and Prosyst on EPL redistribution requirements as discussed on PMC call.
- MTJ (no update)
- NAB (no update)
- Doug thinks they need to go 1.0. Technology is mature. Transparency issues are partially cultural.
- Doug: follow up with Shigeki about going to 1.0.
- Created last week.
- Dave: organize an open technical call to follow up on technical questions from the creation review.
- Dave: follow up with TI on EPL and run-time components of RTSC as discussed on PMC call.
- Delay M6 by one week to clean up API. Using new API tooling from SDK.
- M7 is feature freeze. Still lots of work to do. 50 bugs.
- WinCE subsystem contribution. Rado will become a committer. Marked as incubation.
- RSE terminal integration is also in. Working as a prototype right now. Marked as incubation. More bug fixes.
- Open question around dual-license of the TCF agent.
- Proposed Felix Burton to become a TCF committer, mostly focused on plain C agent. Martin: circulate a separate vote for Felix Burton in parallel to TM vote.
- Google SoC mentor. Integration of RSE and Platform Team synchronization. Update/download of whole file trees will work. Folder comparison and synchronization in sync view. Student from Japan accepted. 3 hours per day for project. 12 weeks $4500 to student, $500 for mentor. there are 20 slots and 30 projects. Decisions will be decided on Friday. Martin's project is on the edge. Martin is concerned about student's time and responsiveness.
- TmL (no update)
- Doug relayed Christian's desire to have Eric Cloninger as the new lead for TmL.
- Christian: nominate Eric as a commiter on Tml using Portal. Also circulate a vote on the PMC to make Eric the TmL lead and to add him to the PMC.
- DD (Doug reported for Pawel)
- (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
- General stuff
- NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
- DSDP Website - dynamic content
- eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
- DSDP Info center
- eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
- AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release