Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 17Apr08"

< DSDP‎ | PMC
(New page: == Time == [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=12&day=6&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=43&p4=223&p5=101&p6=248 World Clock] == Dial-in Info ==...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
== Time ==
 
== Time ==
  
[http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=12&day=6&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=43&p4=223&p5=101&p6=248 World Clock]
+
[http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=17&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=43&p4=223&p5=101&p6=248 World Clock]
  
 
== Dial-in Info ==
 
== Dial-in Info ==
Line 11: Line 11:
 
== Invited Attendees ==
 
== Invited Attendees ==
  
* Dave Russo
+
*| Dave Russo
* Martin Oberhuber
+
*Martin Oberhuber
 
* Shigeki Moride
 
* Shigeki Moride
 
* Christian Kurzke
 
* Christian Kurzke
* Mark Rogalski
+
*| Mark Rogalski
 
* Pawel Piech (unavailable)
 
* Pawel Piech (unavailable)
* Doug Gaff
+
*| Doug Gaff
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
Line 24: Line 24:
 
* Welcome Dave Russo and RTSC project
 
* Welcome Dave Russo and RTSC project
  
* Incubation rules
 
** DD needs to get in compliance
 
  
* Ganymede release train
+
 
** eRCP - Mark - difficult because they don't have the resources to keep up with milestones.
+
* EPP package for C development
** NAB - Shigeki.  Hope to get on the train by M4.  Don't want to use orbit.  #1 test - how much testing do I need to do with other projects?  Need to investigate 5,6,13,14,15.
+
* Inactive committers
 +
* Standard project plan format [Bug:215301] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=215301 215301]
 +
* Search CVS
 +
* eRCP in OSGi standardization
 +
* New development process
 +
* RT project
 +
* press release
 +
* open question around dual-license and TCF agent
 +
* P3ML in eRCP - still need a call with Philippe Krief
 +
TML:
 +
* confirm vote for Daniel Franco and Eric Cloninger as committers
 +
* propose Eric Cloninger as the new lead for TmL  (I will focus on MTJ for now)
 +
MTJ:
 +
* report status of Contribution Questionaires, and finish PMC vote. (will send separate email on this)
 +
 
 +
RadoslavGerganov
 +
* Shigeki, Doug, Martin (need:Mark, Pawel, Christian)
 +
DanielFranco
 +
* Christian, Doug, Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel (done)
 +
DaveRusso
 +
* Martin, Pawel, Doug, Shigeki (need:Christian, Mark)
 +
MV Contribution
 +
* Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel, Dave, Doug (need:Christian)
  
 
* Upcoming events
 
* Upcoming events
** [https://developerdays.dev.java.net/ Java Developer Days] - 23-24 Jan
 
*** eRCP paper from Gorkem?
 
** [http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/ EclipseCon 08] - 17-20 Mar
 
  
 
* Project Updates
 
* Project Updates
 
** DD
 
** DD
*** Making progress on DSF and GDB/mi - main part of 1.0 code release.
 
*** Not getting much from Eclipse Platform in Ganymede.  Mostly patches that we submit.
 
*** Lots of investment in coordination with CDT.
 
 
** eRCP
 
** eRCP
 +
***
 +
 
*** Finished 1.0.3 maintenance release.  January - another maintenances release: 1.1
 
*** Finished 1.0.3 maintenance release.  January - another maintenances release: 1.1
 
*** GTK port was contributed.  Nokia is looking at it.
 
*** GTK port was contributed.  Nokia is looking at it.

Revision as of 09:02, 17 April 2008

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • | Dave Russo
  • | Martin Oberhuber
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Christian Kurzke
  • | Mark Rogalski
  • Pawel Piech (unavailable)
  • | Doug Gaff

New Business

  • (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
  • Welcome Dave Russo and RTSC project


  • EPP package for C development
  • Inactive committers
  • Standard project plan format [Bug:215301] 215301
  • Search CVS
  • eRCP in OSGi standardization
  • New development process
  • RT project
  • press release
  • open question around dual-license and TCF agent
  • P3ML in eRCP - still need a call with Philippe Krief

TML:

  • confirm vote for Daniel Franco and Eric Cloninger as committers
  • propose Eric Cloninger as the new lead for TmL (I will focus on MTJ for now)

MTJ:

  • report status of Contribution Questionaires, and finish PMC vote. (will send separate email on this)

RadoslavGerganov

  • Shigeki, Doug, Martin (need:Mark, Pawel, Christian)

DanielFranco

  • Christian, Doug, Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel (done)

DaveRusso

  • Martin, Pawel, Doug, Shigeki (need:Christian, Mark)

MV Contribution

  • Martin, Mark, Shigeki, Pawel, Dave, Doug (need:Christian)
  • Upcoming events
  • Project Updates
    • DD
    • eRCP
      • Finished 1.0.3 maintenance release. January - another maintenances release: 1.1
      • GTK port was contributed. Nokia is looking at it.
      • eRCP standardization - licensing is turning out to be difficult. OSGi - put the spec until EPL, but label it as an OSGi document, so it has some trademark protection. So someone can modify it, but it won't be an OSGi spec anymore. Sprint will be driving this through OSGi. Will be done in January.
      • Android?
    • MTJ
      • Analyzing the existing source code. There is a lot they intend to maintain going forward.
      • Last couple of weeks have been quiet.
    • NAB
      • Plans to get on train. Working on builds for M4 now.
    • TM
      • TCF contribution is uploaded to bugzilla. Lots of discussion with ECF lead, Scott Lewis. Not as much overlap as Scott thought. TCF is a vertical solution for the embedded space. ECF is a horizontal communication layer.
        • Details at DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ including links for download and Getting Started
      • Working on integrating terminal with RSE. Student contribution from Francesco Crivelli, Milano, Italy.
      • IBM team started "RSE World" blogging site - great contributions from IBM Student Committer Kevin Doyle.
      • IBM is doing a lot of work as well - bug fixes, API work, unit tests. For new API look at build notes of recent TM I-builds.
    • TmL
      • Code contributions submitted to CQ. Doug signed off today after vote last week. Sharon is looking into parallel IP.
      • Should have enough approval for continuous development.

Old Business

  • General stuff
    • NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
    • DSDP Website - dynamic content
    • eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
    • DSDP Info center
      • Instructions
      • eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
      • AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release

Back to the top