Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 15Jan08

< DSDP‎ | PMC
Revision as of 11:31, 22 January 2009 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Dave Russo
  • Wayne Parrot (guest)

New Business

  • Introducing Wayne and Firefly Project
  • Pawel on the PMC
    • DD has moved. What does Pawel want to do?
  • EclipseCon 09
    • M&E Talks
    • Podcast - Eric
    • 418, 481 - authors and descriptions are correct now (thanks Scott R and Eric)
    • AI: Martin and Eric will meet to discuss logical coupling between TCF+TmL tutorial.
  • Galileo Train Release
    • Galileo Requirement Status
    • Download link
    • DD: what to do with requirements?
    • MTJ: core requirements are missing
    • TmL: missing on download page (discussed offline with Eric).
    • DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
      • One icon to rule them all!!!
      • Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon for Galileo branding.
  • Firefly proposal
    • Doug and Wayne will meet in a couple of days to discuss creation review.
  • DSDP Packaging - Discuss status and next steps
    • ESE work didn't turn out as Martin expected.
    • Work is not progressing as quickly as Martin would like, and he has a bandwidth problem.
    • Wascana is providing some of what we need.
    • Question: does anyone else want to help out? What are we going to do for EclipseCon.
      • DSP BIOS will be opened source.
      • Bob Frankel is leaving TI, and will be working more on the RTSC project. Bob wants to pull together an embedded environment.
      • Eric is also supportive of this, but not sure about staffing.
      • Christian: the Mobile Working Group is interested in MTJ+Eclipse as a Mobile package, so maybe there are two initiatives.
      • AI: Martin, Bob, Eric, Wayne - call to discuss packaging project.
  • Next Meeting: TBD.

Project Status

  • Firefly
    • Discussed above.
  • Incubator
    • Doug will get to it eventually.
  • MTJ
    • Open IP issue on train, other things are on track.
    • Need to put the documentation on line (DSDP info center). Diego could use some help.
    • Ok green.gif Martin and Diego to work on getting MTJ docs in the info center this week.
  • MWG
    • No new updates yet, other than the packaging stuff discussed above.
    • Where should the repository live? IP issues?
  • NAB
    • Martin will cover Shigeki's talk at EclipseCon.
    • JWG - Japanese translations continue.
    • Doug: Follow up with Denis on installing Japanese language pack on Bugzilla 3.2 test install.
  • RTSC
    • One of our committers (Bob Frankel) is leaving TI but remains on the RTSC project
    • First CQ (https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2948) awaiting PMC approval
    • working on 4 hour tutorial (tentative HW: $20 USB development board for MSP430 with UART and wireless)
    • got TI management approval to Open Source DSP/BIOS 6.x (built top-to-bottom with RTSC)
    • Doug: Follow up with Don and Bjorn on giving away a small reference board as part of the tutorial.
  • TM
    • Release stuff.
  • TmL
    • TmL 0.2 approved on Tuesday, now working to finalize and promote. should announce today or tomorrow.
    • Interest from Sony Ericsson on working with TmL and other projects on the IDE for Linux project
    • Submitted an abstract on TmL + DSDP Packaging project to OpenSource World (the former LinuxWorld)
    • Couple minor glitches getting on the Milestone train for Galileo.
    • Fruitful discussion with Scott Lewis on cooperating with ECF.

Old Business

  • DSDP Incubator project (no progress or update today)
    • Unanimous approval to create the incubator. (TO DO) Doug: create the DSDP incubator and build the initial website.