Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 04Dec08"

< DSDP‎ | PMC
(New Business)
 
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
* DD 1.1 release vote
 
* DD 1.1 release vote
 +
** '''Everyone: Please finish voting on DD 1.1 release this week.'''
 
* ESE
 
* ESE
** Quick recap
+
** Martin talked about contacts, keynote, e4 summit.
 +
** Dave felt the RTSC talk went well. Atmel showed some interest.
 +
** Doug talked about the embedded syposium.
 
* EclipseCon 09
 
* EclipseCon 09
 
** [[DSDP/PMC/PMC_Minutes_EclipseCon09Votes|Submissions and Votes]]
 
** [[DSDP/PMC/PMC_Minutes_EclipseCon09Votes|Submissions and Votes]]
** Discuss and complete voting.
+
** Christian: MTJ talk, ok to do a short talk to 10 minutes
 +
** Pawel: question about DD short
 +
** Dave: ok with two hours
 
* [[Galileo_Simultaneous_Release|Galileo]] Train Release
 
* [[Galileo_Simultaneous_Release|Galileo]] Train Release
** NAB?
+
** NAB
 +
*** Not on train - no resources
 +
*** '''Doug: work with Shigeki on Japanese Bugzilla'''
 +
** MTJ & TmL: Make sure you're producing a P2-enabled site by M4.
 
** DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
 
** DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
*** One icon for all of us.
+
*** One icon to rule them all!!!
*** Need a graphic artist. '''Doug: think about a graphic for DSDP branding.'''
+
*** '''Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon.'''
** DD
+
*** Update from CDT meeting
+
 
** New Requirement: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198941|Bug 198941]
 
** New Requirement: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198941|Bug 198941]
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/firefly/ Firefly proposal]
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/firefly/ Firefly proposal]
** Update on second mentor
+
** Gunnar is the second mentor. Creation review soon. Vote for Wayne on PMC soon.
 
* [[DSDP/Package|DSDP Packaging]]
 
* [[DSDP/Package|DSDP Packaging]]
** Status update
+
** Martin would like to be further along. Lot of work to prepare for ESE presentation, and there were problems.
 +
** Doug Schaefer is also doing something similar with Wascana - especially cross-compilation and installation. So we can leverage that. Martin can contribute the rest of the DSDP stuff. '''Martin: setup of conference with Doug to talk about Wascana and DSDP packaging.'''
 
* Next Meeting: TBD.
 
* Next Meeting: TBD.
  
 
== Project Status ==
 
== Project Status ==
  
* DD (old)
+
* DD
** Still working on stabilizing 1.1 for November.
+
** DD 1.1 release, getting ready to move.
** CDT project is interested in taking DSF and memory rendering.
+
* MTJ
* eRCP (last mtg)
+
** Train release and roadmap for next year.
** Main effort is standardization effort. Things are progressing. Eng goal: spec released at same time as 1.3 release.
+
** Sybase is contributing a lot around libraries.
** P3ML interested companies: BandXI, MicroDoc, IST-EU. Who should follow up? '''(DONE) Doug: get contact info for P3ML interested companies to Mark.'''
+
** Hugo has moved to a new project. He wants to stay engaged on MTJ, but he won't be full time.
** Gorkem requested move review, but no feedback yet.
+
** New engineer assigned to the team. Currently doing bug fixes in preparation for graduating into a committer.
* MTJ (old)
+
* NAB
** Release review material done for next week.
+
** IP process on Demo player.
** Working on larger project plans with Sybase - preprocessing and roadmap.
+
** No bug fixing in December. Will start up in January.
** Working on a press release for MTJ 0.9 release with Nokia and Motorola. '''(DONE) Christian: Talk to Ian and Craig about getting a quotation from Craig for the MTJ 0.9 press release.'''
+
* RTSC
** China has more than 50% of the downloads. 4500 downloads. Martin has seen something similar.
+
** Not much progress. It's taking longer than he hoped to migrate to Bugzilla and CVS.
** '''(DONE) Christian: Write up an explanation of the EclipseME transition to MTJ and post on the Web. Explain the version numbering of Eclipse and make a statement about technical maturity of MTJ.'''
+
** Need to establish a Key Result Area inside TI (basically an objective) to get some time on Eclipse.
* NAB (old)
+
** Doug and Christian talked about strategies for getting time on Eclipse and getting better management sponsorship.
** Discussion started inside Fujitsu on NAB platform enhancements and opening up.
+
* TM
** Bugzilla 3.2 Japanese Template - should be coming soon.
+
** 3.0.2 release on Friday.
** Japanese work group - will finish Ganymede translation in March. Making a translation platform that will be open source. Babel project knows that they are doing this work. Babel is focused on menu and message. Their translation platform focused on help and other documents.
+
** Feature development after that.
* RTSC (last mtg)
+
** Really wants to adapt Common Builder technologies. Will be helpful for other DSDP projects.
** ese2008: obtained clearance for travel to ese2008 to present RTSC talk
+
* TmL
** Subversive environment: Windows not working well yet. Linux seems to be working, this may be sufficient for now.
+
** We are finishing work on TmL 0.2, planned for release on or about 14 January 2009. Code freeze is for 19 December 2008 and slides will be available a day or two later. This release will be picked up by Montavista and Motorola.
** Transition to bugzilla: got our first bug. Still need to migrate the 100's of existing bugs from ClearQuest to Bugzilla.
+
** We have announced our intent to join the Galileo release train with TmL 0.3. Toward this we have gone through the requirements for the train and have work items assigned to satisfy them on schedule.
** Transition to newsgroups: posted instructions on all internal lists to use the newsgroup, traffic on internal lists persists, next step is to post scheduled termination of mail lists.
+
** We have 2 tech writers assigned to the project presently. They are working on API docs, tutorials, and documenting the reference implementations.
** IPZilla - still working on submission, will ask for parallel IP.
+
* TM (last mtg)
+
** 3.1 isn't too exciting. Mostly bugfix work, IBM backporting many 3.1 M3 fixes to 3.0.2 (due late december).
+
** Google Summer-of-code CQ approved, will integrate the "Team Synchronization" addition for M4
+
** TCF adoption increasing (Anyware-tech, Montavista, Freescale), getting community patches.
+
** EFS removed from project plan, which means it's not considered a priority any more. e4 resources promises to fix this.
+
** Releng - Nick Boldt / Common Builder (CBI) work ongoing under Dash, TM wants to be an early adopter (some time in december).
+
* TmL (last mtg)
+
** Released first version of TmL 0.1 on October 10.  
+
** Plan on releasing TML 0.1.1 this month with some bug fixes needed by MOTODEV Studio.
+
** Have submitted a long talk, short talk, and a tutorial session for EC2009.
+
** Still no decision on making the change from CVS to SVN.
+
** Otavio has investigated TCF as a protocol for transmitting data from /proc filesystem. The results are good, but there is some question about how TCF is built into TM.  Otavio had to bring in all of TM to get TCF and he wonders if there is a way to get a smaller part of TM instead.
+
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
  
* Project Plans
 
 
* DSDP Incubator project (no progress or update today)
 
* DSDP Incubator project (no progress or update today)
 
** Unanimous approval to create the incubator. '''(TO DO) Doug: create the DSDP incubator and build the initial website.'''
 
** Unanimous approval to create the incubator. '''(TO DO) Doug: create the DSDP incubator and build the initial website.'''

Latest revision as of 10:23, 4 December 2008

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Dave Russo

New Business

  • DD 1.1 release vote
    • Everyone: Please finish voting on DD 1.1 release this week.
  • ESE
    • Martin talked about contacts, keynote, e4 summit.
    • Dave felt the RTSC talk went well. Atmel showed some interest.
    • Doug talked about the embedded syposium.
  • EclipseCon 09
    • Submissions and Votes
    • Christian: MTJ talk, ok to do a short talk to 10 minutes
    • Pawel: question about DD short
    • Dave: ok with two hours
  • Galileo Train Release
    • NAB
      • Not on train - no resources
      • Doug: work with Shigeki on Japanese Bugzilla
    • MTJ & TmL: Make sure you're producing a P2-enabled site by M4.
    • DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
      • One icon to rule them all!!!
      • Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon.
    • New Requirement: 198941
  • Firefly proposal
    • Gunnar is the second mentor. Creation review soon. Vote for Wayne on PMC soon.
  • DSDP Packaging
    • Martin would like to be further along. Lot of work to prepare for ESE presentation, and there were problems.
    • Doug Schaefer is also doing something similar with Wascana - especially cross-compilation and installation. So we can leverage that. Martin can contribute the rest of the DSDP stuff. Martin: setup of conference with Doug to talk about Wascana and DSDP packaging.
  • Next Meeting: TBD.

Project Status

  • DD
    • DD 1.1 release, getting ready to move.
  • MTJ
    • Train release and roadmap for next year.
    • Sybase is contributing a lot around libraries.
    • Hugo has moved to a new project. He wants to stay engaged on MTJ, but he won't be full time.
    • New engineer assigned to the team. Currently doing bug fixes in preparation for graduating into a committer.
  • NAB
    • IP process on Demo player.
    • No bug fixing in December. Will start up in January.
  • RTSC
    • Not much progress. It's taking longer than he hoped to migrate to Bugzilla and CVS.
    • Need to establish a Key Result Area inside TI (basically an objective) to get some time on Eclipse.
    • Doug and Christian talked about strategies for getting time on Eclipse and getting better management sponsorship.
  • TM
    • 3.0.2 release on Friday.
    • Feature development after that.
    • Really wants to adapt Common Builder technologies. Will be helpful for other DSDP projects.
  • TmL
    • We are finishing work on TmL 0.2, planned for release on or about 14 January 2009. Code freeze is for 19 December 2008 and slides will be available a day or two later. This release will be picked up by Montavista and Motorola.
    • We have announced our intent to join the Galileo release train with TmL 0.3. Toward this we have gone through the requirements for the train and have work items assigned to satisfy them on schedule.
    • We have 2 tech writers assigned to the project presently. They are working on API docs, tutorials, and documenting the reference implementations.

Old Business

  • DSDP Incubator project (no progress or update today)
    • Unanimous approval to create the incubator. (TO DO) Doug: create the DSDP incubator and build the initial website.