DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 30-Nov-2006
- Kevin Horowitz, IBM
- Craig Setera, eclipseME
- Arto Laurila, Nokia
- Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
Status of feature list
Priorities of features has been agreed. The final list follows Kevin's proposal.
AP: Rauno to clean extra comments from feature list wiki page.
eRCP related feature has been proposed. Basically we agreed it is needed but we discussed whether that should be done in cooperation with DSSP project. AP: Rauno to add unprioritized feature wish list.
Status of use cases
Readability of UI Designer cases was inadequate due to division into too many pages.
AP: Rauno to reformulate UI Designer Use Case pages
Terminology of of UI Designer cases should be defined in order to everybody to understand what we talk about.
IBM promised to provide use cases on selected areas
AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases
Discussion about Update Manager vs. local file system. Craig preferred UM as it is there and not to build something similar. We continue discussion at mailing list as it was started there.
A discussion about different soulution models and which one to select. There are three alternatives:
- Aspect oriented model (Tira Wireless)
- Preprocessing model
- Ant/Antenna model
- EclipseME has Antenna compatible solution that is free of GPL licence and not tight to SUN Wireless Toolkit. EME is willing to provide code.
What ever is the solution, it should be such that implementation will not take too much time. Later on other solutions may be added.
There will be at least four Eclipse/Java related events where MTJ could be promoted
- Already ShortTalk approved: 'Short Tutorial' by IBM
- We study a possibility to have Long Talk as well
- Arto to present and Kevin to support
- Kevin to participate?
- Arto backups if needed
- Arto to participate
AP: Rauno to make a summary of all these to mailing list
- Next meeting on the 14th of Dec.
- AP: Rauno to clean extra comments from feature list wiki page.
- AP: Rauno to reformulate UI Designer Use Case pages
- AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases
- AP: Rauno to make a summary of all these to mailing list (conferences)
- AP Rauno: Send out an email that states the list and this is the final point to comment it. The mail states the projcet to be schedule driven and all the features may not be possible to implement. CLOSED
- AP Rauno: Provide priorities to features, open discussion about them. CLOSED.
- AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. ONGOING: This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.
- AP Rauno: to send a mail to the community to fill in willingness to contribute UC and development work. Relates to priorities. CLOSED