DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 29-Jun-2006
|Meeting Title:||Mobile Tools for the Java Platform Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Thursday June 29, 2006 at 9am EST|
|US Toll free:||866-707-5108|
|Int'l or US Toll:||+1-517-386-9625|
- Petri Virtanen, Nokia
- Kevin Horowitz, IBM
- Craig Setera, eclipseME
- Jay Endicar, Sprint
- It was discussed about the first MTJ PMC, which is at August. We need to agree the hotel. Kevin is arranging the meeting room from IBM office.
- Due Diligence with eclipseME is still open. Janet is studying the issue and she has informed that there are some issues but it is not clear exactly what are the issues. We are not able to move code out to common CVS before due diligence is clear -> maybe at August. Janet has pledged a copy of the current concerns to Craig by the end of this week.
- Nokia people will start holidays at begin of July. Most are on holiday 4 weeks.
- Change to 3.2 is decided to do and there will be testing against it during the July. We know that there are some issues e.g. with launch configuration. It is agreed that MTJ will support eclipse 3.2 when released. Arto has identified some issues wiht the launch configuration, and they are being worked.
- Kevin explained MTJ targets. At the moment very much MIDP support but the target is to be agnostic. First release of MTJ will be very much architecture and framework related issues and not so much specific tools. Only basic tools available like building and SDK management.
- Documentation continues on July - External evaluation was moved to July. Sony Ericson doing informal evaluation of current code base. - There are some events during the Autumn and we need to decide how we will participate. - Sprint will provide more information about their event during the next two weeks. They anticipate their developer conference in early December in the greater-Miami area. - Next call will be 13th of July. Kevin will host the calls