DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 24-Aug-2006
|Meeting Title:||Mobile Tools for the Java Platform Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Thursday August 24, 2006 at 9am EDT|
|US Toll free:||866-707-5108|
|Int'l or US Toll:||+1-517-386-9625|
- Kevin Horowitz, IBM
- Arto Laurila, Nokia
- Rauno Seppala, Nokia
- Jay Edicar, Sprint
- Craig Setera, eclipseME
- CVS Status - We anticipate having all approved code in the Eclipse CVS on 30 August. There are a few places where we need to remove third-party packages while we wait for final approval, but they won't impact the code.
- Legal Status - We have Eclipse legal approval for all source code. There are 2 packages that are using third-party binaries, and we are working issues with them. There is 1 package that needs a new license from Nokia, and they are working that.
- Release Dates - We anticipate a Milestone 1 within 1 to 1 and 1/2 weeks after the code is in CVS. Milestone 2 will follow at the end of September/beginning of October and release at the end of October. Mika and Petri are beginning to do the release documentation required by the Eclipse Foundation.
- Meeting Discussion - Petri will put out notes from the meeting. We will use a planning document to show Release 2 possibilities, and use bugzilla to document the features. We would like comments on those features (within bugzilla) to finalize the next release.
- Request Comments - We request comments for the plans once they are published.
Kevin will send mail to Jay about the Sprint Developer's conference by Friday.
Rauno Seppala from Nokia introduced himself. He will be taking over the Project Management work for the project from Petri in the future.
- Next call will be Thursday the 7th of September.