Difference between revisions of "DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 14-Dec-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | MTJ
Jump to: navigation, search
m (DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 14-Nov-2006 moved to DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 14-Dec-2006)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
 
* Kevin Horowitz, IBM
 
* Kevin Horowitz, IBM
* Craig Setera, eclipseME
+
* Craig Setera, EclipseME
 
* Arto Laurila, Nokia  
 
* Arto Laurila, Nokia  
 
* Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
 
* Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
 +
* Stanley Apogee
  
 +
== Notes ==
  
 +
===Schedule===
 +
Let's fill in Target Milestones to wiki [[Release 2 Planning]] in order to see the content for M1.
 +
If it looks there isn't feasible content, we may consider to reschedule M1 or merge it with M2.
  
  
 +
===Status of feature list===
  
 +
[[Release 2 Planning]] has been cleaned and added a new field: Target Milestone. Purpose of it is to plan milestone contents
  
== Notes ==
 
  
 +
===Status of use cases===
  
===Status of feature list===
+
UI Designer UCs have been reformulated, that is, everything can be found from one page
  
  
===Status of use cases===
+
===Content of M1===
  
 +
Let's start to plan via [[Release 2 Planning]] using Target Milestone field.
  
===Content of M1===
+
 
 +
===Fragmentation===
 +
 
 +
Agreed approach:
 +
MTJ community starts discussion with three open source parties:
 +
*EclipseME (Craig Setera) [http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipseme]
 +
*Antenna (Jörg Pleumann)[http://antenna.sourceforge.net/]. Jörg has already stated his interest towards MTJ.
 +
*AntME (Kevin Hunter)[http://sourceforge.net/projects/antme/],
 +
with an idea to reuse code from them and provide noncommercial fragmentation solution.
 +
 
 +
For commercial parties MTJ will provide APIs and support to make their own plugins.
  
  
 
===AOB===
 
===AOB===
 +
 +
 +
Arto needs help for UI planning (Runtime Platform), and will prepare a summary that highlights weak areas.
 +
 +
JavaPolis - Arto's short online report
 +
* How to combine EE projects with MTJ?
 +
* How to support different vendor's emulators?
 +
 +
 +
Jörg Pleumann from Antenna [http://antenna.sourceforge.net/] is interested in to participate to MTJ
 +
 +
Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page -> AP: Rauno
 +
 +
 +
Let's discuss open issues via mailing list before next meeting
 +
 +
 +
===Next meeting===
 +
 +
* Next one on the 11th of January, 2007 due to holiday season
 +
 +
  
  
Line 29: Line 69:
 
'''NEW'''
 
'''NEW'''
  
:AP: Rauno to clean extra comments from feature list wiki page.
+
:AP: Rauno to put Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page
  
:AP: Rauno to reformulate UI Designer Use Case pages
+
:AP: Arto to provide a summary of areas that he needs help
  
:AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases
 
 
:AP: Rauno to make a summary of all these to mailing list (conferences)
 
  
 
'''OLD'''
 
'''OLD'''
  
 +
:AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases. '''ONGOING'''
 +
 +
:AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. '''ONGOING''':<br/>This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.
 +
 +
:AP: Rauno to clean extra comments from feature list wiki page. '''CLOSED'''
 +
 +
:AP: Rauno to reformulate UI Designer Use Case pages. '''CLOSED'''
  
:AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. '''ONGOING''': This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.
+
:AP: Rauno to make a summary of all these to mailing list (conferences). '''CLOSED'''

Latest revision as of 09:32, 10 January 2007

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Kevin Horowitz, IBM
  • Craig Setera, EclipseME
  • Arto Laurila, Nokia
  • Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
  • Stanley Apogee

[edit] Notes

[edit] Schedule

Let's fill in Target Milestones to wiki Release 2 Planning in order to see the content for M1. If it looks there isn't feasible content, we may consider to reschedule M1 or merge it with M2.


[edit] Status of feature list

Release 2 Planning has been cleaned and added a new field: Target Milestone. Purpose of it is to plan milestone contents


[edit] Status of use cases

UI Designer UCs have been reformulated, that is, everything can be found from one page


[edit] Content of M1

Let's start to plan via Release 2 Planning using Target Milestone field.


[edit] Fragmentation

Agreed approach: MTJ community starts discussion with three open source parties:

  • EclipseME (Craig Setera) [1]
  • Antenna (Jörg Pleumann)[2]. Jörg has already stated his interest towards MTJ.
  • AntME (Kevin Hunter)[3],

with an idea to reuse code from them and provide noncommercial fragmentation solution.

For commercial parties MTJ will provide APIs and support to make their own plugins.


[edit] AOB

Arto needs help for UI planning (Runtime Platform), and will prepare a summary that highlights weak areas.

JavaPolis - Arto's short online report

  • How to combine EE projects with MTJ?
  • How to support different vendor's emulators?


Jörg Pleumann from Antenna [4] is interested in to participate to MTJ

Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page -> AP: Rauno


Let's discuss open issues via mailing list before next meeting


[edit] Next meeting

  • Next one on the 11th of January, 2007 due to holiday season



[edit] Action Points

NEW

AP: Rauno to put Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page
AP: Arto to provide a summary of areas that he needs help


OLD

AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases. ONGOING
AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. ONGOING:
This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.
AP: Rauno to clean extra comments from feature list wiki page. CLOSED
AP: Rauno to reformulate UI Designer Use Case pages. CLOSED
AP: Rauno to make a summary of all these to mailing list (conferences). CLOSED