Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/MTJ/Phone Meeting 11-Jan-2007"

< DSDP‎ | MTJ
 
 
Line 4: Line 4:
 
* Arto Laurila, Nokia  
 
* Arto Laurila, Nokia  
 
* Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
 
* Rauno Seppälä, Nokia
* Stanley Gambarin, Apogee
+
 
  
 
== Notes ==
 
== Notes ==
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 
===Content of M1===
 
===Content of M1===
 
Let's start to plan via [[Release 2 Planning]] using Target Milestone field.
 
  
 
Obfuscation
 
Obfuscation
Line 31: Line 29:
 
Localization
 
Localization
  
 +
Fragmentation Core Services
  
 +
Fragmentation Metadata Services
 +
 +
Generic SDK 3/4 done
 +
 +
 +
Let's continue to plan via [[Release 2 Planning]] using Target Milestone field.
  
  
Line 37: Line 42:
  
 
A high level architecture plan proposal in wiki [[Device Fragmentation Solution]]
 
A high level architecture plan proposal in wiki [[Device Fragmentation Solution]]
 +
:Graig to comment that publicly via e-mail list.
 +
:Kevin to provide feedback later after an internal meeting.
 +
:Let's try to activate the third parties as well
  
 +
From previous meeting:
 +
''Agreed approach:''
 +
''MTJ community starts discussion with three open source parties:
 +
''*EclipseME (Craig Setera) [http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipseme]
 +
''*Antenna (Jörg Pleumann)[http://antenna.sourceforge.net/]. Jörg has already stated his interest towards MTJ.
 +
''*AntME (Kevin Hunter)[http://sourceforge.net/projects/antme/],
 +
''with an idea to reuse code from them and provide noncommercial fragmentation solution.
  
Agreed approach:
+
''For commercial parties MTJ will provide APIs and support to make their own plugins.''
MTJ community starts discussion with three open source parties:
+
*EclipseME (Craig Setera) [http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipseme]
+
*Antenna (Jörg Pleumann)[http://antenna.sourceforge.net/]. Jörg has already stated his interest towards MTJ.
+
*AntME (Kevin Hunter)[http://sourceforge.net/projects/antme/],
+
with an idea to reuse code from them and provide noncommercial fragmentation solution.
+
 
+
For commercial parties MTJ will provide APIs and support to make their own plugins.
+
  
  
Line 53: Line 61:
 
Motorola: a meeting will be arranged with Christian Kurzke in London on the 24-25th of Jan.
 
Motorola: a meeting will be arranged with Christian Kurzke in London on the 24-25th of Jan.
 
Contribution to MTJ still open as Tools for Mobile Linux project is in a proposal stage.
 
Contribution to MTJ still open as Tools for Mobile Linux project is in a proposal stage.
 +
 +
Eclipse Conference, Short Talk, March.
 +
- Mika proposes MTJ to register
 +
- Kevin and/or Arto to do a presentation
  
 
===Next meeting===
 
===Next meeting===
Line 70: Line 82:
 
'''OLD'''
 
'''OLD'''
  
:AP: Rauno to put Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page
+
:AP: Rauno to put Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page, '''CLOSED'''
  
:AP: Arto to provide a summary of areas that he needs help
+
:AP: Arto to provide a summary of areas that he needs help, '''ONGOING'''
  
 
:AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases. '''ONGOING'''
 
:AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases. '''ONGOING'''
  
 
:AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. '''ONGOING''':<br/>This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.
 
:AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. '''ONGOING''':<br/>This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.

Latest revision as of 10:34, 11 January 2007

Attendees

  • Kevin Horowitz, IBM
  • Craig Setera, EclipseME
  • Arto Laurila, Nokia
  • Rauno Seppälä, Nokia


Notes

Schedule

Let's fill in Target Milestones to wiki Release 2 Planning in order to see the content for M1. If it looks there isn't feasible content, we may consider to reschedule M1 or merge it with M2.


Status of feature list

No changes


Status of use cases

Added some new Build use cases Build Process


Content of M1

Obfuscation

Localization

Fragmentation Core Services

Fragmentation Metadata Services

Generic SDK 3/4 done


Let's continue to plan via Release 2 Planning using Target Milestone field.


Fragmentation

A high level architecture plan proposal in wiki Device Fragmentation Solution

Graig to comment that publicly via e-mail list.
Kevin to provide feedback later after an internal meeting.
Let's try to activate the third parties as well

From previous meeting: Agreed approach: MTJ community starts discussion with three open source parties: *EclipseME (Craig Setera) [1] *Antenna (Jörg Pleumann)[2]. Jörg has already stated his interest towards MTJ. *AntME (Kevin Hunter)[3], with an idea to reuse code from them and provide noncommercial fragmentation solution.

For commercial parties MTJ will provide APIs and support to make their own plugins.


AOB

Motorola: a meeting will be arranged with Christian Kurzke in London on the 24-25th of Jan. Contribution to MTJ still open as Tools for Mobile Linux project is in a proposal stage.

Eclipse Conference, Short Talk, March. - Mika proposes MTJ to register - Kevin and/or Arto to do a presentation

Next meeting

  • Next one on the 25th of January, 2007



Action Points

NEW



OLD

AP: Rauno to put Craig's fragmentation document to Wiki page, CLOSED
AP: Arto to provide a summary of areas that he needs help, ONGOING
AP: Kevin to provide Use Cases. ONGOING
AP Rauno: Provide two weeks commenting time for UI and Flow Designer cases, then officially approve them. ONGOING:
This will continue as readabilty of wiki pages wasn't good enough.