This is the proposed Report for the MTJ project, to be presented to the Eclipse Board on September 17, 2008.
- 1 Review of project scope and charter
- 2 A high-level review of technical progress, strategy and release plans.
- 2.1 Performance as an Eclipse open source project
- 2.2 End user community and adoption.
- 2.3 Commercial community and adoption. E.g. is the technology from the project showing up in products.
- 3 Compliance with the Roadmap
- 4 Board Assistance
- 5 Noteworthy
Review of project scope and charter
(a description of where within the defined scope work is actually taking place. The PMC should also provide some guidance as to whether the scope and charter documents should be revised. Things may have changed since the charter was approved by the Board.)
A high-level review of technical progress, strategy and release plans.
== Self-assessment of the performance of the project under the following headings (inspired by the Three Communities section of the Development Process):
Performance as an Eclipse open source project
Compliance with the Purposes (e.g. are they successfully “…supplying frameworks and exemplary, extensible tools..”?)
End user community and adoption.
E.g. are there lots of downloads, bugs, contributors, newsgroup postings, …? Note that I believe that while the absolute numbers are interesting, the more important data-point is the project’s assessment of how those numbers compare to their own expectations for the project.
Commercial community and adoption. E.g. is the technology from the project showing up in products.
Compliance with the Roadmap
What are the areas where the Board could be helping the PMC be more effective? E.g. Explain the “top three” problems that the Board needs to solve for the Project in the next year? (e.g., IP backlog, improving diversity, whatever).
· The Board will provide a written response to the issues raised.
What are the things about the project not covered above which the Board should know?