Device Software Development Platform / Mobile Tools for the Java Platform
Welcome to the Mobile Tools for the Java Platform (MTJ) Project Wiki.
These pages are meant as an open, collaborative platform for discussions and exchanging ideas.
For official information and documents, see the Official DSDP-MTJ Website.
MTJ Analysis and 2008 Planing
Please Note: MTJ is currently under construction.
We are analyzing the current Requirements, Architecture, and Code of the project with the goal to come up with a road map for the 2008 MTJ development.
THIS IS A GOOD TIME for any new developers who want to get up to speed and JOIN THE PROJECT.
The main aspect that should drive this is analysis is the framework vs. tools question. Which is related to:
- who is the target MTJ user? a tools developer? a javaME developer or both?
- most major device manufactures nowadays just point to eclipseME and eclipseSDK
Based on that the MTJ requirements and architecture should be decided.
Below is a list of suggested pages used to collaborate on this process. Feel free to edit or to add new pages.
- Analysis of Extension Points and Plugins Model
- EclipseME Evaluation
- User Experience Review
- Proposed Architecture
- Initial Proposed Plan
- Mobile Application Development Process
- Device Fragmentation Solution
- Proposed Bug Processing/Triage Documents
- Proposal for Code Checkin