DSDP/DD/Phone 6-Sept-2006

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | DD
Jump to: navigation, search

Call Info

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Device Debugging
Date & Time: Wednesday September 6, 2006 at 10am PST (immediately following TM call)
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Agenda and Minutes

  • Wind River Debugger Services Framework (DSF) contribution update - Pawel
    • DSF White Paper
    • Readme to help getting starting
    • Update on MI progress
      • Pawel is working on adding enough features for show-and-tell at the conference.
    • Plans for CDT conference
      • Architectural explanation, including performance and scalability goals
      • Demonstrate the EDMI implementation
      • Show the extensibility of the services framework
      • Talk about migration from CDI
      • Demo
    • Feedback?
      • Darin
      • Last Mtg AI: Everyone: Review DSF docs and review examples
        • Some of the problems with the adapters in the platform in the white paper - Darin would like to do some improvements in the API. Do we want to use the JFace virtual viewers and change the way the content adapters work?
        • The document claims that you can only have 1 adapter per type. That's true, you can have 1 adapter per kind of implementation instance, but more than one adapter per interface.
        • Question: The DSF model feels like a reimplementation of the standard debug model in the platform. Pawel: We want to replicate some of what the standard debug model does, but we want to make it asynchronous.
  • SPIRIT
    • Update from Aaron / Anthony on SPIRIT Debug Working Group
    • Spirit DWG Kick-off Meeting - Sept 13, 4-6pm UK, 11-1pm EDT
    • Anthony is doing some work on an Eclipse-based SPIRIT editor that they intend to open source. Both are experimental and not ready for contribution.
    • Doug is working on IP issues between SPIRIT schema and the EPL code that implements it.
    • Anthony will distribute a new requirements document before the meeting based on Aaron's original document. Will post on the Wiki when it's available.
  • Subgroup updates
    • Views - multi-context, pin/clone, update policy
      • Multicore proposal
      • Last mtg AI: Darin will update us at the next meeting. Update?
        • No proposed item for pin/clone support in the plan. So it's not committed, but Darin will help others who want to prototype in the DD project. Darin also needs to talk to Pete and email the group.
        • Need to staff the work as patches in the DD project? Possibly, waiting on Darin.
    • Breakpoints
      • Bugzilla entry
      • TI will contribute what they've done so far. Update?
      • Freescale will post specs. Update?
      • Nokia will contribute "fancy breakpoint" capabilities. Update?
        • Just shipped with their product. Will be demo'd at the CDT meeting, and ready to contribute after that. Ken will look at compatibility with both CDT and DSF.
    • Pawel: review breakpoints and disassembly and make a proposal for integraiton with DSF to this group. Update?
    • Memory - Anything new to report?
    • Registers - Anything new to report?
      • Defer until DSF is further along?
    • Expressions/Variables - Anything new to report?
      • Defer until DSF is further along?
    • Debug Console
      • WR terminal view completed due diligence. Going into tm.core.
      • Ted to investgiate debug console next.
      • Darin: should this be in the platform at some point? Doug: I think it could live there at some point.
      • AI: Darin to look at terminal view. Darin to look at the spawner in CDT.
    • Editor/Disassembly
      • Last Mtg AI: Mikhail will research whether disassembly can subclass from editor part instead of view part.
    • Debug view
      • Paul, are you out there?
      • AI: Patrick to talk to Paul
    • Launch
      • Last mtg AI: Alan will follow up with Pete Update?
    • Source Lookup
      • Defer until DSF is further along
  • Face-to-face meeting?
    • Focus on DSF implementations / questions. Start talking about custom view content and multi-core implementations.
    • Late October / Early November? Suggestions: 2-3 November, 8-9 November
      • 8-9: Darin
      • 2-3: Pete
    • Pete is offering the Toronto location for the meeting.
    • Suggestion to move it to mid-November.
    • Location? Ottawa, Toronto, Chicago, Boston?
  • Next Phone Meeting: Wed, 4 Oct, 10 am PT

Attendees

  • Doug Gaff, WR
  • Darin Wright, IBM
  • Alan Boxall, IBM
  • Mark Melvin, AMI
  • Patrick C, TI
  • Pawel Piech, WR
  • Randy Rohrbach, WR
  • Doug Shaeffer, QNX
  • Ted Williams, WR
  • Anthony Berent, ARM
  • Ken Ryall, Nokia