Difference between revisions of "DSDP/DD/Phone 4-Oct-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | DD
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda and Minutes)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
== Agenda and Minutes ==
 
== Agenda and Minutes ==
 
* Build workshop - Ted
 
* Build workshop - Ted
 +
** RSS feeds for dependent builds. (DSF will depend on CDT for example.)
 +
*** CDT isn't sure if it's in the plans yet.
 +
*** Doug S is meeting with Buckminster project.
 +
** Documenting the build process so that anyone can build the project.
 +
** Ted is working on the DSDP/DD and DSDP/TM documentation.
 +
** Buckminster replaces PDE and ANT for building.  Ted is going to check out.
 
* Wind River Debugger Services Framework (DSF) contribution update - Pawel
 
* Wind River Debugger Services Framework (DSF) contribution update - Pawel
 
** Planning the detailed Europa milestone plan
 
** Planning the detailed Europa milestone plan
 +
** Tasks into bugzilla with milestones coming.
 
* SPIRIT
 
* SPIRIT
 
** '''Doug is working on IP issues between SPIRIT schema and the EPL code that implements it.'''
 
** '''Doug is working on IP issues between SPIRIT schema and the EPL code that implements it.'''
Line 28: Line 35:
 
**** 2. Schema (*.xsd) files:  TBD
 
**** 2. Schema (*.xsd) files:  TBD
 
**** 3. Java / C tooling for editing IP-XACT xml files, parsing them, debugger implementations using them, etc:  EPL-licensed code living in Eclipse CVS
 
**** 3. Java / C tooling for editing IP-XACT xml files, parsing them, debugger implementations using them, etc:  EPL-licensed code living in Eclipse CVS
** Additional updates from Aaron / Anthony on SPIRIT Debug Working Group. Old action: '''Anthony will distribute a new requirements document before the meeting based on Aaron's original document.'''
+
*** Separate issue on how we deploy internal versions of the standard
 +
**** Anthony really wants this to happen in DSDP.
 +
*** Aaron plans to an interface and implementation for use with their legacy debug engines.
 +
*** Anthony is also working on a SPIRIT editor. First stage is a basic XML editor. Also doing prototyping work on GMF work.
 +
*** '''Need to meet separately on open sourcing some of the tools now for review'''
 +
*** '''Doug to put SPIRIT folks in contact with WR Debug Engine team'''
 
* Subgroup updates
 
* Subgroup updates
 
** Views - multi-context, pin/clone, update policy
 
** Views - multi-context, pin/clone, update policy
 
*** [http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/platform-debug-home/r3_3/docs/Views-Pin-and-clone.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html Multicore proposal]
 
*** [http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/platform-debug-home/r3_3/docs/Views-Pin-and-clone.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html Multicore proposal]
*** Pin/clone - Ted
+
*** Pin/clone - Ted has stepped up to do the work.
 
*** Changes in flexible hiearchy? - Darin, Pawel
 
*** Changes in flexible hiearchy? - Darin, Pawel
 
** Memory - Anything new to report?
 
** Memory - Anything new to report?
 
*** Bug fixes on Ted's renderer - Ted
 
*** Bug fixes on Ted's renderer - Ted
 +
*** Package has been renamed org.eclipse.dd.debug.memoryrendering
 +
*** Import / export on list.
 +
*** TI is working on submitting patches.  '''Patrick to communicate which fixes they are working on.'''
 
** Launch
 
** Launch
 
*** Extending what Nokia did to improve user experience around launch configurations (follow up from CDT meeting) - Pawel
 
*** Extending what Nokia did to improve user experience around launch configurations (follow up from CDT meeting) - Pawel
*** Last mtg AI: '''Alan will follow up with Pete''' Update?
+
**** Ken did a presentation on simplifying the launch.  Pawel thought it was a good direction, and perhaps some of these things should go back into the platform.  Good topic for face-to-face.  Darin and Ken.
**** Other stuff - any updates?
+
**** '''Pawel would also like to talk about scoping breakpoints when dealing with multiple targets.'''
 +
** Other stuff - any updates? (NO UPDATES THIS MEETING)
 
*** Breakpoints
 
*** Breakpoints
 
**** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=152624 Bugzilla entry]
 
**** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=152624 Bugzilla entry]
Line 66: Line 82:
 
** Focus on DSF implementations / questions.  Start talking about custom view content and multi-core implementations.  
 
** Focus on DSF implementations / questions.  Start talking about custom view content and multi-core implementations.  
 
** Suggestion: 15-16 November
 
** Suggestion: 15-16 November
** Pete is offering the Toronto location for the meeting.
+
** ''Doug will talk to Darin about dates.  Chris will check on Toronto lab availability.''
 +
** Topics
 +
*** SPIRIT
 +
*** DSF
 +
*** Platform contributions (launch, pin/clone, breakpoint scoping)
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
 +
* Chris R, IBM
 
* Doug Gaff, WR
 
* Doug Gaff, WR
* Darin Wright, IBM
+
* Doug Schaefer, QNX
* Alan Boxall, IBM
+
* Ken Ryall, Nokia
* Mark Melvin, AMI
+
* Patrick C, TI
+
 
* Pawel Piech, WR
 
* Pawel Piech, WR
* Randy Rohrbach, WR
+
* Patrick C, TI
* Doug Shaeffer, QNX
+
* Aaron S, ATI
 +
* Dobrin A, TI
 
* Ted Williams, WR
 
* Ted Williams, WR
 +
* Mikhail K, ARM
 +
* Neil R, ARM
 
* Anthony Berent, ARM
 
* Anthony Berent, ARM
* Ken Ryall, Nokia
+
* Randy Rohrbach, WR

Latest revision as of 13:52, 4 October 2006

[edit] Call Info

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Device Debugging
Date & Time: Wednesday 4 October 2006 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT
USA tool free dial-in: 800-741-0846
International dial-in: 706-679-9532
Passcode: 7817182169#

[edit] Agenda and Minutes

  • Build workshop - Ted
    • RSS feeds for dependent builds. (DSF will depend on CDT for example.)
      • CDT isn't sure if it's in the plans yet.
      • Doug S is meeting with Buckminster project.
    • Documenting the build process so that anyone can build the project.
    • Ted is working on the DSDP/DD and DSDP/TM documentation.
    • Buckminster replaces PDE and ANT for building. Ted is going to check out.
  • Wind River Debugger Services Framework (DSF) contribution update - Pawel
    • Planning the detailed Europa milestone plan
    • Tasks into bugzilla with milestones coming.
  • SPIRIT
    • Doug is working on IP issues between SPIRIT schema and the EPL code that implements it.
      • Update from a conversation with Chris Lennard.
        • 1. Specification: Grab from SPIRIT website.
        • 2. Schema (*.xsd) files: TBD
        • 3. Java / C tooling for editing IP-XACT xml files, parsing them, debugger implementations using them, etc: EPL-licensed code living in Eclipse CVS
      • Separate issue on how we deploy internal versions of the standard
        • Anthony really wants this to happen in DSDP.
      • Aaron plans to an interface and implementation for use with their legacy debug engines.
      • Anthony is also working on a SPIRIT editor. First stage is a basic XML editor. Also doing prototyping work on GMF work.
      • Need to meet separately on open sourcing some of the tools now for review
      • Doug to put SPIRIT folks in contact with WR Debug Engine team
  • Subgroup updates
    • Views - multi-context, pin/clone, update policy
      • Multicore proposal
      • Pin/clone - Ted has stepped up to do the work.
      • Changes in flexible hiearchy? - Darin, Pawel
    • Memory - Anything new to report?
      • Bug fixes on Ted's renderer - Ted
      • Package has been renamed org.eclipse.dd.debug.memoryrendering
      • Import / export on list.
      • TI is working on submitting patches. Patrick to communicate which fixes they are working on.
    • Launch
      • Extending what Nokia did to improve user experience around launch configurations (follow up from CDT meeting) - Pawel
        • Ken did a presentation on simplifying the launch. Pawel thought it was a good direction, and perhaps some of these things should go back into the platform. Good topic for face-to-face. Darin and Ken.
        • Pawel would also like to talk about scoping breakpoints when dealing with multiple targets.
    • Other stuff - any updates? (NO UPDATES THIS MEETING)
      • Breakpoints
        • Bugzilla entry
        • TI will contribute what they've done so far. Update?
        • Freescale will post specs. Update?
        • Nokia will contribute "fancy breakpoint" capabilities. Update?
          • Just shipped with their product. Will be demo'd at the CDT meeting, and ready to contribute after that. Ken will look at compatibility with both CDT and DSF.
      • Pawel: review breakpoints and disassembly and make a proposal for integraiton with DSF to this group. Update?
      • Registers - Anything new to report?
        • Defer until DSF is further along?
      • Expressions/Variables - Anything new to report?
        • Defer until DSF is further along?
      • Debug Console
        • WR terminal view completed due diligence. Going into tm.core.
        • Ted to investgiate debug console next.
        • Darin: should this be in the platform at some point? Doug: I think it could live there at some point.
        • AI: Darin to look at terminal view. Darin to look at the spawner in CDT.
      • Editor/Disassembly
        • Last Mtg AI: Mikhail will research whether disassembly can subclass from editor part instead of view part.
      • Debug view
        • Paul, are you out there?
        • AI: Patrick to talk to Paul
      • Source Lookup
        • Defer until DSF is further along
  • Face-to-face meeting?
    • Focus on DSF implementations / questions. Start talking about custom view content and multi-core implementations.
    • Suggestion: 15-16 November
    • Doug will talk to Darin about dates. Chris will check on Toronto lab availability.
    • Topics
      • SPIRIT
      • DSF
      • Platform contributions (launch, pin/clone, breakpoint scoping)

[edit] Attendees

  • Chris R, IBM
  • Doug Gaff, WR
  • Doug Schaefer, QNX
  • Ken Ryall, Nokia
  • Pawel Piech, WR
  • Patrick C, TI
  • Aaron S, ATI
  • Dobrin A, TI
  • Ted Williams, WR
  • Mikhail K, ARM
  • Neil R, ARM
  • Anthony Berent, ARM
  • Randy Rohrbach, WR