|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Device Debugging|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday August 2, 2006 at 10am PST (immediately following TM call)|
|Primary International Dial-in:||+44 (0)1452 567588|
|USA Freephone Dial-In:||+1 (866) 6161738|
|UK National Dial-In:||08712460713|
Agenda and Minutes
- Update on breakpoints & disassembly view meetings - Ewa
- Mikhail will research whether disassembly can subclass from editor part instead of view part.
- Pawel demo'd WR's editor, and folks liked the look.
- Breakpoint view sub-call
- Bugzilla entry: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=152624
- TI will contribute what they've done so far
- Freescale will post specs
- Nokia will contribute "fancy breakpoint" capabilities
- Pawel: review breakpoints and disassembly and make a proposal for integraiton with DSF to this group.
- Wind River Debugger Services Framework (DSF) contribution - Pawel
- See DSF White Paper
- Doug S is looking at this as the migration plan for CDT. He would like to port the MI model to this as soon as possible, but let vendors migrate when they can.
- MI example (to be committed in the next day or so): Uses CDI implementation of MI commands.
- Views: rely heavily on the flexible hierarchy in the platform views. Pawel thinks we should implement the compatibility platform debug model for 3rd party integration by provide a way to customized the platform debug views using the flexible hierarchy.
- Next steps
- Everyone: Review DSF docs and review examples
- Feedback and questions on dd-dev: 1 month review with questions until
- Present at CDT conference? Maybe some focused time for DD at this meeting.
- See DSF White Paper
- Other subgroup updates?
- Pawel is happy with Darin's proposal.
- Darin is waiting on PMC direction
- Might be possible to staff the work as patches in the DD project - Darin will update us at the next meeting.
- Alan will follow up with Pete
- Dobrin has a debug contribution around launch-less debugging. Doug S recommended a bugzilla.
- Aaron touched base with ARM and ATI, but still waiting to hear back. Aaron will update us at the next meeting.
- Native parsing library vs. Java parsing?
- John: probably at the DE level (C++), but could also need to parse from Java.
- Doug: At the DE level, but we could also use both.
- Licensing plans? Is EPL usable with C++? May need to use Xerces (Apache) for XML parsing.
- Aaron is working on example API's for feedback. Will follow up with some implementations.
- Next Meeting: Wed, Sept 6, 10 am PT
- Doug Gaff, WR
- Mark Melvin, AMI
- Pawel Piech, WR
- Ken Ryall, Nokia
- Samantha Chan, IBM
- Aaron Spear, Mentor
- Darin Wright, IBM
- Ted Williams, WR
- Eva Matejska, PalmSource
- Alan Boxall, IBM
- Patrick C, TI
- John Cortell, Freescale
- Doug Shaeffer, QNX
- Dobrin Alexiev, TI