|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Device Debugging|
|Date & Time:||Thursday 6 March 2008 at 7:30am PDT / 10:30am EDT|
|USA tool free dial-in:||(888) 545-8370|
|International dial-in:||(770) 659-3936|
|Webex:|| Link to Meeting (alt URL: https://windriver.webex.com/mw0305l/mywebex/personalroom/personalroom.do?siteurl=windriver&AT=meet&username=pawel.piech)|
Meeting Number: 594 411 142
Meeting Password: ecl1pse
- IBM: Curtis, Mike, Darin,
- Wind River: Martin O., Doug Gaff, Pawel, Randy, Toni
- Ericsson: Marc, Francois
- ARM: Mikhail, Anthony
Agenda and Notes
- Status bu sub-group
- SPIRIT (Anthony)
- Memory (Samantha)
- Disassembly (Mikhail)
- DSF (Pawel)
- GDB/MI (Pawel)
- Multi Context (Pawel)
- Discussion Topics
- DD 1.1 Release
- Merging with CDT
- DSF and GDB moving to CDT
- Memory may move to Platform, if not it can move to CDT as well,
- IP-XACT Editor
- Anthony not available to work on it except maybe answer questions
- ARM is looking for a new resource to work on this, will need to have it to move the component to the incubator project
- Otherwise we will need to archive this component.
- Need to follow up on Veenu's status
- Debug Context Breadcrumb Demo
- Breadcrumb is limited showing active context, there is not indication when something else changes, like another thread suspending.
- Samantha: we could make the Debug view turn into a breadcrumb when the view is small.
- Darin: having the breadcrumb in the variables view would also help in debugging without the debug view, it would also place all the data in one locaation.
- Darin: It may be useful to have the drop down open at the instruction pointer location.
- Is a breadcrumb feature itself useful enough by itself:
- Most: yes
- Darin: needs to try it out
- Mikhail: what is the goal of the feature?
- Pawel: main primary motivation make it possible to debug w/o debug view.
- Samantha: need to be able to quickly see the full context of the debugger
- Where to place the breadcrumb?
- Pawel: on the status bar to follow UI conventions, but it's not without problems.
- Randy: put it into each view (variables, registers, etc.)
- Darin: toolbar (This should be possible, i.e. make the contribution to main toolbar instead of coolbar).
- Mikhail: visible from any view, then be able to pin view.
- Conclusion: let's try it out and see how it fits.
- Create a feature patch plugin and post it on update site.