DSDP/DD/DSF Phone 12-June-2008
< DSDP | DD
Location & Time
- Tuesday, June 12th, 10:30 AM (EDT)
- Dial In - (888) 545-8370 , International: (770) 659-3936, passcode: 5107492128#
- WebEx: - https://windriver.webex.com/meet/pawel.piech, number=563 254 332, password=ecl1pse
Dominique, Marc, Francois (Ericsson), Pawel, Randy, Ted, Doug S. (Wind River)
Topics/Bugs to cover
- Ted: Release schedule.
- Yes, RC4 should be the release candidate
- Just to verify, we should keep building 1.0 branch daily until we build against the release version of the projects.
- Will generate new JavaDocs based on the release code.
- Dominique: API to find current source line in the program (for model-level debugging)
- TODO: Add a link to run control and stack frames interface javadocs.
- Dominique: Reverse debugging.
- Wind River and Virtutech need a UI in CDT for reverse stepping.
- If Wind River or other implementor of DSF needs a reverse stepping API in DSF we can add it to DSF interfaces.
- GDB Record for Reverse debugging:
- Marc/Francois: Different GDB/MI versions (command factory?)
- We decided to add a command factory pattern to allow to hide minor differences in command format.
- Factory does not solve behavior changes such as addition of pending breakpoints.
- For protocol changes greater than what can be handled by the command factory. Two approaches:
- Two design approaches:
- Have different versions (sub-classes) of the services, which can share a common base class with common functionality.
- Have a single service implementation which is aware of different protocol versions.
- We do need a mechanism for managing different versions of GDB to allow different contributors to add support for different GDB versions.
- Pawel: Multi-threaded PDA
- Francois is also implementing multi-threading support to GDB right now.
- Marc: Remote debugging (e.g., different target requirements)
- Marc: Support for proprietary backends