DSDP/DD/DSF Phone 11-March-2008
< DSDP | DD
Revision as of 12:14, 11 March 2008 by Pawel.piech.windriver.com (→Topics/Bugs to cover (copied from last weeks canceled meeting)
Location & Time
- Tuesday, March 11th, 10:30 AM (EDT)
- Dial In - (888) 545-8370 , International: (770) 659-3936, passcode: 5107492128#
- 1 hour
- Pawel, Francois, Ted, Denis Pilat, Marc, Randy
Topics/Bugs to cover (copied from last weeks canceled meeting
- ST Micros Multi-context Project:
- Based on current sources in CVS.
- Extending MI-protocol: prepending an identifier string before every command which identifies which core the command is intended for.
- Extended MIContainerDMContext to contain the core identifier.
- Extended MICommand or MICommandControl to add the core name to the MI command identifier.
- Extended DsfMIParser class to parse the context to look for the core identifier.
- Modified the DsfMIResult, DsfMIAsyncRecord objects to include the core identifier.
- CommandCache.isTargetAvailable() needed to be extended to support multiple contexts.
- MICommandControl needed to be modified to track multiple processors (current stack frame, current thread).
- Implemented GDB/MI new process notification events, corresponding to a patch submitted to GDB.
- Modified MIVariableManager to work with multiple containers:
- In MIRootVariableObject added an MI Core context.
- Found a few bugs in DSF during multi-core development.
- EclipseCon presentation
- Francois: Was able to follow exercises.
- Francois: There's no exercise in the timers example, which would be valuable.
- Francois: not enough time
- Ted: tutorial needs a conclusion, "next steps"
- Ted: Line numbers are missing in some examples.
- Ted: exception handling is not discussed.
- Randy: at the end, property provider aspect is somewhat too brief.
- Generic Disassembly (not quite out of 1.0)?
- Wait for Mikhails disassembly. Write adapters for it. Risk is that it's very fresh code.
- CDI disassembly. Implement large parts of standard debug model. Risk is that we would stub a lot of API, which could lead to bugs.
- Re-use the Wind River disassembly, but change it for DSF/GDB/CDT. Converting it to open source plugin and checking in, converting it to use CDT breakpoints and with CDT actions. Risk: low. We may never switch to Mikhail's view.
- Francois: cutoff date on deciding on Mikhail's disassembly view
- CDT bug for implementing the Disassembly editor: bug 196064
- Question about plugin names.
- Persisting contexts (bug 214546) (Francois)
- Memory block retrieval for multiple address spaces (bug 221185) (Francois)
- Separating launch plugin (Marc)
- Dividing Launch sequence into DSF services and MI commands (Marc)
- Team project set (Tobias)
Outstanding Action Items
- Pawel to look at CDT changes need to show global variables. bug 208921
- Marc to take ownership of the stack service.
- Pawel to add linking of testing page to release notes to the testing process.
- Denis to present the modification done in DSF to support multi-process