DSDP/DD/DD 0.9 RampDownPolicy
DD 0.9 release has been following the Europa milestones for the purpose of getting into practice of regular release cycles. For reference, see the Europa Simultaneous Release, in particular the Milestones and Release Candidates. However, aside from releasing on milestone dates, DD 0.9 release has not been following any of the other release guildelines intentionally, since the technology features have been, and are being developed continually through the ramp down cycle of Europa. Also, we expect the DD 0.9 release to be quickly superceeded by DD 1.0M1 in both features and stability. Given all that, we can treat the DD 0.9 release also as practice of the release process rather than as a serious product release.
Instead of following the standard Europa ramp down policy from above, DD 0.9 ramp down will be the following:
- Select the Milestone 7 build as the DD 0.9 RC1 build. This build has had more testing time than most other DD milestone releases through the DSF Coding camp, so it is likely to be more stable than upcoming builds.
- Create a new version label R0_9 and apply it on top of the v0_9_0-M7-20070518 version label.
- Create a new branch R0_9_maintanance and base it on the R0_9 label.
- Continue feature development in HEAD.
- With +1 vote from PMC, commit fixes to severe bugs to R0_9_maintanance branch. Severe bugs are the ones that pop-up error dialogs on common debugger operations.