Welcome to the DSDP-Device Debugging Project Wiki. Device Debugging creates new frameworks and extensions to the existing platform debug framework to support the three phases of device software development: hardware bring-up, platform software development, and application software development. The Device Debugging project will build enhanced debug models, APIs, and views to provide greater visibility into and control over device software targets.
These pages are meant as an open, collaborative platform for discussions and exchanging ideas. For official information and documents, see the Official DSDP-DD Website.
These are the current goals for Device Debugging project at this point.
- Modify the Eclipse Debug Model Interfaces in order to enable more customized debugger implementations, especially those geared towards the embedded space. The first version was released in Eclipse 3.2. The platform debug team and the DD project are currently looking at improvements.
- Provide a new Debug Model implementation that takes a more modular approach to connecting debugger backends into Eclipse. This is called Debugger Services Framework (DSF).
- Enhance the debugger views for multi-core and multi-process support and provide specific improvements in those views for embedded development. Multi-core enhancements are proposed for the Eclipse 3.3 release. We are looking at additional view enhancements.
- Integrated with the SPIRIT consortium for tooling and debugger data file specification.
- Provide the next generation implementation for CDT’s MI debugger.
DSDP-DD Meeting Notes
- Phone Meeting 9-August-2007
- Phone Meeting 7-Feb-2007
- Face-to-Face Meeting 9-10 Jan 2007
- Phone Meeting 6-December-2006
- Phone Meeting 1-November-2006
- Phone Meeting 4-October-2006
- Phone Meeting 6-September-2006
- Phone Meeting 2-August-2006
- Phone Meeting 13-July-2006
- Phone Meeting 3-May-2006
- Face-to-Face Meeting 22-Feb-2006
- Face-to-Face 22-23 Feb 2006
- Phone Meeting 13-Jan-2006
- Phone Meeting 21-Dec-2005
- Face-to-Face 11-12 October 2005
- Face-to-Face 3-4 May 2005
|SPIRIT||IP-XACT||Anthony Berent (Arm)||Aaron Spear (ATI/Mentor)|
|Memory||Memory||Samantha Chan (IBM)||Ted Williams (WR)|
|Disassembly||'None'||Mikhail Khodjaiants (Arm)||Anton Lehenbauer (Wind River)|
|DSF||DSF||Pawel Piech (Wind River)||Randy Rohrbach (Wind River), Ted Williams (Wind River)|
|GDB/MI||MI, GDB||Veenu Verma (Ericsson)||Marc Khouzam (Ericsson), Francois Chouinard (Ericsson)|
|Multi Context||'None'||Pawel Piech (Wind River)|
- White Paper describing goals and features of DSF
- Setting up, building, and running
- Design document describing DSF concurrency model
- Design document describing DSF services model (Note: need move this document into twiki for easier editing)
- Design document describing DSF data/viewer model (Note: need move this document into twiki for easier editing)