DSDP-TM Notes 2006x01x23

From Eclipsepedia

Revision as of 13:36, 23 January 2006 by Moberhuber (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Monday January 23, 2006 at 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Contents

Attendants

  • Martin Oberhuber, Wind River
  • Mark Littlefield and Darian Wong, Curtiss-Wright
  • Pierre-Alexandre Masse, MontaVista
  • David Dykstal, IBM
  • Dave McKnight, IBM
  • Michael Scharf, Wind River
  • Victor Palau, Symbian
  • Javier Montalvo, Symbian
  • Peter Lachner, Intel

Agenda

  • Welcome Mark and Darian from Curtiss-Wright
    • Mark: Manager for Applications Engineering, for embedded systems, Virginia
    • Darian: Lead SW Developer & Marketing Manager for Tools
    • Building advanced multicomputers - quad DSP board
    • Want DSDP-TM to provide an integrated approach to debugging their software on multiple processors (64 processing nodes, debug across those); debugging, starting application, managing nodes
    • Read about PTP but not looked closer
    • Little experience with Eclipse so far; users of WR Workbench so far
    • Debugging: distributed memory processing, each node has its own OS; multiple executables running at the same time; suppose to never have one debugger to control everything. So far, used gdb as a point debugger and have multiple windows open. Expect one Launcher window for controlling individual nodes, and allowing to launch a debugger for each node.

Action Items completed since last meeting

  • MartinO:
  • DaveD:
    • Continue working on making RSE available to the group as early as possible
    • All clearances got from IBM
    • Will do initial submission this week: fill out forms, find out if Bugzilla is the appropriate way for such a significant contribution

Recent News

  • MartinO to revise Website for the new Phoenix style; fill in the project meta-info and write up the project plan

Discussions regarding TM Design

  • deferred until RSE code is there

Next Steps

Action Items

  • MartinO:
    • Launch Actions - Initial Design
    • Contact Greg Watson (LANL, PTP)
  • George Clark:
    • Approach ARM regarding Register file definitions - contact made, waiting for feedback
  • Symbian:
    • Write up interface description for "Service" as understood by Symbian
    • Send Enterprise Architect file and XMI file for use case to the dsdp-tm list - to be done later today
  • Pierre-Alexandre
    • Write up additional use case for STAF
  • Everyone:
    • Bring schema / example for Register Files & Boardfiles

Next Meeting

  • Next Meeting on Monday, February 6, 2006 at 9am PST -- 2 weeks
  • Face-to-face Meeting confirmed for Wed, February 22, 2006 - Fri, February 24, 2006, IBM Labs Toronto (Pete Nicholls)
    • DD Meetings on Wednesday + Thursday morning
    • TM Meetings on Thursday afternoon + Friday
    • Agenda and Notes on DSDP-TM F2F 2006x02x23
    • Details on meeting location to follow on dsdp-dd mailing list (north of Toronto, 35 minutes from airport, easy to get there)