DD Test Instructions
DD Project consists of several features that are have different install procedures and can be tested independently of each other.
DSF SDK Testing Procedure
See the GDB Integration Testing Procedure.
The DSF SDK provides a set of service APIs which a debugger integration must implement and a set of UI components which exercise those service APIs. Hence, the SDK features cannot be tested without a debugger integration which implements the services APIs. Currently the only such implementation available is the GDB debugger integration. This is not ideal, because GDB does not implement all the service features that are possible, but there is currently no alternative. To address this, we are planning to create a second reference implementation based on an example PDA debugger, which we can easily extend to excercise all the services and thus allow us to test all the DSF UI.
GDB Integration Testing Procedure
Step 1: Download Prerequisites
Step 2: Download and install DSF and GDB
Step 3: Record your test environment
- We're most interested in the OS name and version and JVM version. Record this information in the test matrix.
- If need be In Eclipse, choose Help > About Eclipse SDK, press Configuration Details and look for the following lines:
- Line ~7: eclipse.buildId=I20071101-2000
- Line ~47: java.runtime.version=1.5.0_11-b03
- Line ~77: os.name=Linux
- Line ~78: os.version=2.6.20-16-generic
Step 4: Basic sanity test
Step 5: Test assignment
Following the test matrix, perform assigned tests.
IP-XACT Editor Testing Procedure
There are two sets of automated component tests, and some manual system tests, for the IP-XACT editor components:
- The plugin org.eclipse.dd.ipxact.editor.core.tests contains a set of junit plugin tests for the editor core. They can be run using the "run junit plugin tests" option for the project. These should all pass.
- Note: Due to a bug in older versions the Java libraries these will only pass if run in a Java 6 (jre1.6.x) environment.
- The plugin org.eclipse.dd.ipxact.checker.core.tests contains a set of junit (not junit plugin) tests for the checker core. They can be run using the "run junit tests" option for the project These should all pass.
- The manual tests are described in DD_Manual_Test_Plan#IP-XACT_Editor
Traditional Memory Rendering Testing Procedure
Follow test instructions for GDB Integration Testing Procedure. In Step 2, also install the Traditional Memory Rendering feature.