Cosmos Architecture Meeting 26-January-10

From Eclipsepedia

Revision as of 09:24, 27 January 2010 by Jason.losh.sas.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Josh
  • Jeff
  • Jason
  • Brad

Minutes

The team began today's discussion on build related topics that Brad had posted to the dev list. The first question was in regards to using Hudson for managing the COSMOS builds. Jason and Brad discussed opinions and findings of the Hudson tooling and both agreed that it seems like a nice fit for COSMOS and an easier system to manage moving forward. Jeff concurred and the team decided to move forward with using Hudson for COSMOS build management. Brad took the action to work on this but may ping Jason to test out some of the modifications, provide feedback, etc. The next topic was related to versioning of plug-ins and features for COSMOS 1.2. The team decided that the features would be updated to reflect version 1.2. Whether plug-ins should be updated to the 1.2 version is to be determined.

Josh then provided an update on the simple SDD registry. His work is done and pushed. Brad indicated he would run a publish build so Jason can download and test. SDDs are not currently being stored so that portion of this feature will be implemented in the February iteration. Josh is to enter an ER and add it to the 1.2i4 feature page once Jason has created it. Jason takes the action to create that page. Josh and Jason also to get together and propose a design for storing the SDDs.

Jeff then took the team through more detail on his P2 research. He has been able to create a bundle of the COSMOS runtime and the COSMOS example install, set it up in a P2 artifact and metadata repository and then move it to a target environment using P2. He will document for the team the steps he went through to do this. Next steps are to figure out how to start the SDD runtime and fire off the the install operation. Brad indicates that an SDD/P2 discussion is forthcoming and Jason/Jeff will be invited.

No other topics today. Adjourn.

Action items

  • Brad to work on using Hudson for COSMOS builds
  • Brad to update feature versions
  • Josh to enter an ER for the continuation of the simple registry work
  • Josh and Jason to create SDD storage design and share with the team
  • Jason to create iteration 4 feature page
  • Jeff to continue P2 research and document steps he has completed thus far
  • Brad and Mark to continue UI research on Swing and RAP respectively
  • Brad and Jason to itemize CL2 features