Cosmos Architecture Meeting 24-April-08
Revision as of 11:02, 24 April 2008 by Dlwhiteman.us.ibm.com
These are the minutes for the Architecture Meeting for 4/24/08.
- 5 min: i10 build status
- 20 min: Try to finalize both the current and future state COSMOS Architecture (Jimmy Mohsin)
- Please refer to the email Jimmy sent to the cosmos-dev list at Mon 4/14/2008 9:58 AM
- Ensure that Hubert's changes are reflected correctly in the current state
- Talk about the future state and at least a very rough timeline for the same. Please note that there (obviously) will be phases in the future state delivery.
- Discuss reworked diagram proposed by Hubert here: .
- 25 min: Talk about COSMOS UI architecture. Discuss chaining components to add logging, testing and security support. Presentation Slides (Sheldon Lee-Loy)
- 10 min: Talk about the plug-ins that will be archived in i11: http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_API_Cleanup (Ali Mehregani)
- 4 blocker defects
- Hubert will fix the problem of having a local schema file
- This change will affect toolkit
- Bill has one more exception to fix
- There are other fixes people want to get in
- Tania requested people send out the template for fix approval
- Jack mentioned that Aperi MDR setup is awkward, so it would be nice to ship sample database
- A build respin was targeted for noon Friday
COSMOS Architecture (Jimmy)
- Jimmy would like to produce something that a CIO or architect can use to get an understanding (two different levels of detail)
- Jimmy will send out revised diagram based on input from Jack, Hubert, and others.
- The second diagram again raised questions of the use of WSDM and the types of brokers in the labels
- Will continue to discuss this next week
- Sheldon asked whether more detail is needed on client
COSMOS UI architecture
- Will defer this talk to future meeting, since we were short on time
- Ali has updated the document considerably to be clear on which plugins will be archived, and which will be combined
- Will continue to work with individual subcomponents to confirm that the list of archived and combined plugins makes sense