Cosmos Architecture Meeting 22-Aug-07
- Dave Whiteman
- Ali Mehregani
- Don Ebright
- Mark Weitzel
- Joel Hawkins
- Sheldon Lee-Loy
- Balan Subramanian
- Martin Simmonds
- Bill Muldoon
- Paul Stratton
- Steve Jerman
- Chris Craddock
The meeting time/date has been moved to Thursday's at 11:00am EDT. The next meeting will be August 30, 11:00am EDT.
Continued discussion on the design of the data broker.
- We need to have a speparate discussion involving how CMDBf affects the design.
- Need to review the attached code from Bill.
- We need to understand how/if the broker must understand the relationship b/t the CIs and the MDRs.
- The current design does not support having lots of endpoints (mdw: need to request clarification)
- CMDBf sits above the data broker.
- We don't have instance data in the broker
- Joel would like this, but nobody else really did
- There is an opaque string that may be used to help this.
- The lack of instance data satisfies a use case of small set of endpoints, but a large number of endpoints could become unweildy
- We need to stop looking at things from a "product" perspective. The key idea of the broker is to avoid falling into this siloed view. Must be able to avoid this siloed view of things.
- Identity not in scope for COSMOS, but "logical groupings" of resources should be ok.
- Since the CMDBf has a graph oriented result, we'd expect to be able to ask graph type questions. This means we may need more metadata in the broker.
- Patterns for finding EPRs is more pattern matching than anything else.
- This opaque string is essentially an extension point.
- Bill: Update the wiki page with use of the "classification" element.
- Mark: Need to describe the question about data manager/data context...