Jump to: navigation, search

Cosmos Architecture Meeting 19-January-10

Revision as of 21:43, 20 January 2010 by Jason.losh.sas.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Attendees

  • Josh
  • Mark
  • Jeff
  • Jason
  • Brad

Minutes

The team began the discussion with Josh's proposed schema for the simple SDD registry. Jason had made some updates to the schema and mailed those back out to the dev list. Josh also indicated that he will remove "OperationType" from the schema. A discussion about storing the SDDs in addition to the resulting resource information ensued. Jason/Josh indicated they felt storing the SDD itself was of use in particular for uninstall/undo operations. Brad mentioned that in doing so to be mindful of SDDs that are updates to other SDDs. Jason to check the SDD specification to determine how best to handle this scenario.

Jeff then led the team through a deep dive on P2 research which he conducted. The details are outlined in the design document which he published. See the design document for more detail. Jeff took the action item to post references for his work so others can follow in his footsteps.

Mark indicated that he has been able to get up to speed on OSGi enough to make some headway into his RAP research. More to come on this front. Brad indicated that he continues to make progress on the Swing UI. Neither Brad or Jason have started their work on enumerating CL2 features. Brad has contacted CA staff but nothing to share as of yet.

No other topics today. Adjourn.

Action items

  • Jeff to cite references for the P2 documentation
  • Josh to send out updated schema for the XML based registry
  • Jason to provide more input on where the registry should be stored and how SDDs should be stored
  • Brad and Mark to continue UI research on Swing and RAP respectively
  • Brad and Jason to itemize CL2 features