Cosmos Architecture Meeting 15-May-08
Revision as of 10:00, 15 May 2008 by Dlwhiteman.us.ibm.com
These are the minutes for the Architecture Meeting for 5/15/08.
- 20 min: Followup on COSMOS Architectural discussions from May 1 (Jimmy Mohsin et al)
- Jimmy to send out updated slides (please link here, Jimmy, as part of the email reduction act of 2008 ;-)
- Discuss updates to the two current state slides
- Discuss the future state slide:
- We need to decide when / if the Domain will return.
- We need to determine a realistic timeframe for supporting multiple Brokers for scalability / performance considerations. I get asked this question a lot from the transactionally-intensive products...
- What is our position vis-a-vis WSDM / WEF for future releases?
- Followup on logging (Hubert Leung) COSMOS_Logging
- Followup on locale after collecting CA & CMDBf input (Sheldon Lee-Loy) How should COSMOS set locale information
- Hubert went over his design document
- We will clearly need multiple logs, as data managers will be in multiple locations
- Hubert presented multiple alternatives for logging and externalization
- Mark indicated he would like a clear recommendation of which approach COSMOS will use across the board
- Hubert said the tooling should use the Eclipse approach for logging
- Hubert said the framework code should not do its own logging, but rather should throw well formed exceptions that clients will handle and log
- Hubert will update his document with a strong statement of the conventions we will use
- This effort of implementing logging is targeted for i11
- Sheldon talked to CMDBf group
- CMDBf group indicated that there isn't any support yet for i18n
- They have plans to add this in a future revision
- Question was whether we can implement our own locale support in our data managers