Cosmos Architecture Meeting 06-Feb-08
- Mark Weitzel
- David Whiteman
- i9 build changed to run on Tomcat. Still a few problems with the annotation code that Joel is working on. Target is next Tuesday for the integration build. We are targeting Friday for this to be complete.
- Srinivas is not able to download the integration build. He will open a P1 bug and get Jagmit to fix this.
- There were three issues with the linux builds, however we should be able to smoke test this build to verify. However, b/c of a few bugs, we may want to try last week's build.
- Log files sizes
- "/" vs. "\"
- This build is less stable than last week's build.
- Registration of MDRs to brokers will not work b/c of annotation bug that Joel is targeted to fix by Friday.
- New features in this week's build include Metadata.
- Joel will open a bug on IPv6 and how Muse handles the host name resolution. Target is a plan of action by Friday.
- Everyone must read over this process. We will close on Friday: Speak then or forever hold your peace.
CMDBf Registration APIs
How to keep the integrity of the data b/t the federating CMDB and the MDR?
Command line or web UI to manage COSMOS components?
- For i9, we are going to keep what we have and only fix things that are broken.
- We will need to refactor the code to formalize the admin service. This will be done in i10.
- On Friday, we will review the use cases and identify those that have admin like function and associate the ER.
- Jimmy will take the lead on focusing the discussion for Friday
Target environment for data managers in the demo
Deployment topology for i9 demo
- Domain and broker already run on tomcat in j2ee
- The MDR will be deployed in Tomcat
- How do we support OSGi? This might be a 1.0 discussion, but we don't want OSGi to be a "second class citizen".
- This impacts David's tooling, deployment, et.
- This does NOT mean that we are not supporting OSGi as a server platform.
- We'll need to make sure our test matrix reflects
Eclipse version: 3.3.x vs. 3.4
- We should upgrade to 3.4
- We are targeting the next integration build on Feb 12 as the time to switch.
- If we can't do this next week, then the target is 25 March.