Cosmos Architecture Meeting 02-March-10

From Eclipsepedia

Revision as of 17:56, 2 March 2010 by Jason.losh.sas.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Brad
  • Josh
  • Jeff
  • Jason

Minutes

Today's meeting was a quick recap of actions from last meeting and then more P2 discussion. The team is spending a lot of time learning about P2, its architecture and its APIs. Jason created a i5 feature page and will put bugzillas in place around CL2. Jason is to share some exemplary CL2 SDDs to be used as reference for the P2 work which will attempt to decompose an SDD CL2 based composite installable into P2 installable units. Brad has been busy with P2 and other work so no additional updates on using Hudson for our builds. Josh has picked up the RAP UI work and has the demo up an running. Next steps are to get the CLI based prompts surfaced in a RAP UI. The team then discussed P2 at length. Jeff recapped where he is with his work and noted some measurable progress on the black box scenario of using P2 artifact and metadata repos to host an SDD wrappered artifact. He has also spent time looking at how P2 converts legacy update sites into P2 repositories. He/we think that this will likely be a viable model for decomposing SDDs ... perhaps after some initial constraint resolution has been performed. Jeff McAffer from the P2 team shared similar implementation thoughts in our earlier discussion. The team then summarized items to be covered in this afternoon's call with Jeff M. A couple of questions emerged. Should we be using the 3.6 codebase? If so, what is the API contract for 3.6 at this point?

No other items for today. Adjourn.

Action items

  • Brad to work on using Hudson for COSMOS builds
  • Brad and Mark to continue UI research on Swing and RAP respectively
  • Brad and Jason to itemize CL2 features