Cosmos Announce Image
Revision as of 17:03, 9 November 2009 by Dlwhiteman.us.ibm.com (New page: == Creating the announcement banner for the COSMOS home page == # Download and install [http://www.gimp.org/ The GIMP] for your platform # Start the GIMP # Open a previous banner image. ...)
- Download and install The GIMP for your platform
- Start the GIMP
- Open a previous banner image. All previous ones are in CVS, or you can just save the current one off the COSMOS home page.
- From the Edit menu, choose Colors > Colorize
- Change the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness values to your liking. Generally a Saturation of 100 and a medium Lightness (22?) works well. The Hue is the thing that gives you the different colors. Click OK.
- File > Save As... a new name
You're all done!