The Eclipse Corona project will be merged with Gyrex project to establish a an Eclipse server-side platform. The goal is to establish a Rich Server Platform (RSP) similar to the Rich Client Platform (RCP), but without UI components.
The following plan outlines the steps for merging the existing Corona functionality with the Gyrex project.
- Corona provides an Eclipse product definition that defines its core runtime distribution for each execution environment.
- Corona currently names its Program Launcher eclipses. The extra s at the end is used to indicate server.
- The product definition includes 1 feature: org.eclipse.corona.core
- All other Corona features can be optionally added to Corona's runtime via P2
- Migration Steps
- Rename Eclipse product definition from corona.product to gyrex.product