Corona Project - Tools Services Framework
Corona is the Eclipse Tools Services Framework that enables collaboration of people and/or software components. Collaboration is the process of two or more entities working together for a common goal. Collaboration occurs within a context of a container used to host the collaboration.
Examples of collaboration context include:
- Data Collaboration
- Data containers (e.g. database)
- Web services
- Workgroup Collaboration
- Eclipse Team framework
- Eclipse Communication Framework
- Instant Messaging
As the Tools Services Framework, Corona provides an Eclipsed based server-side environment to host tools server-side components. This provides the platform for a tool to manage their collaboration context within a distributed environment.
- Provide Eclipse based server-side environment to manage Corona's workgroup environment
- Provide an OSGi-based SOA component framework for server-side Eclipse plug-in deployment.
- Provide manageability of component and resources
- Provide a context for collaboration within a distributed workgroup environment
- Distributed Event Model
- Provide a SDK for create Corona hosted plug-ins
- An update to project proposal is being drafted. The intent is to establish an Eclipse server-side platform that provides a consistent development and deployment model that is compatible with the RCP paradigm. The proposal is based upon the merger of the Eclipse Gyrex and Corona projects.
The Corona project will be merged with the Gyrex project. Once the merge is complete, the Corona project will be archived. Please see the following wiki page for merge plan details.