Corona Project - Tools Services Framework
Corona is the Eclipse Tools Services Framework that enables collaboration of people and/or software components. Collaboration is the process of two or more entities working together for a common goal. Collaboration occurs within a context of a container used to host the collaboration.
Examples of collaboration context include:
- Data Collaboration
- Workgroup Collaboration
- Eclipse Team framework
- Eclipse Communication Framewokr
- Instant Messaging
As the Tools Services Framework, Corona provides an Eclipsed based server-side environment to host tools server-side components. This provides the platform for a tool to manage their collaboration context within a distributed environment.
- Provide Eclipse based server-side environment to manage Corona's workgroup environment
- Provide an OSGi-based SOA component framework for server-side Eclipse plug-in deployment.
- Provide manageability of component and resources
- Provide a context for collaboration within a distributed workgroup environment
- Distributed Event Model
- Provide a SDK for create Corona hosted plug-ins