Revision as of 09:55, 6 November 2009 by Remysuen.ca.ibm.com
See bug 280730 and Discussion Other Get(ting) Involved/Contribute sites: Mozilla, Gimp, NetBeans, IntelliJ, OpenOffice, Ubuntu, KDE, GNOME, Fedora
So you want to help? Great! You don't have to be an Eclipse guru or code monkey to help. There are many ways to participate in the Eclipse community.
Promote Eclipse Technologies
- Teach with Eclipse
- If you or your company is looking for a framework then give Eclipse a try. There are more than 100 projects.
- Let other people know that your application is Built on Eclipse or Eclipse Ready
- Write about Eclipse
- Follow the Eclipse community on Twitter
Report Bugs and Enhancements
- Eclipse projects are actively developed. Most projects have nightly builds and stable weekly integration builds. To help out, download these builds before the releases and report bugs.
- Report Enhancements: Tell us your needs and ideas
- Vote for bugs
- Help other users on the forums or on IRC
- Share your Eclipse article, blog or multi-media presentation
- Write Documentation
- Localization: Help translate Eclipse into other languages
Fix Bugs or Implement Enhancements
- Is there some bug that really bothers you? Instead of just reporting it, fix it. And there are many bugs marked with helpwanted.
- To learn how the bug-fixing process works, check out the bug reporting FAQ:
- To learn about the lifecycle of bugzilla entries, check out the development process
- GoogleGoogle Summer of Code: Participate and get paid for coding!