Revision as of 20:31, 5 November 2009 by Elias.eclipsesource.com (→Fix Bugs or Implement Enhancements)
See bug 280730 and Discussion Other Get(ting) Involved/Contribute sites: Mozilla, Gimp, NetBeans
So you want to help? Great! You don't have to be an Eclipse guru or code monkey to help. There are many ways to help Eclipse development:
Promote Eclipse Technologies
- Teach with Eclipse
- If you or your company is looking for a framework then give Eclipse a try. There are more than 100 projects.
- Let other people know that your application is Built on Eclipse or Eclipse Ready
- Write about Eclipse
Report Bugs and Enhancements
- Eclipse projects are actively developed. Most projects have nightly builds and stable weekly integration builds. To help out, download these builds before the releases and report bugs.
- Report Enhancements: Tell us your needs and ideas
- Vote for bugs
- Help other users through our newsgroups and forums
- Share your Eclipse article, blog or multi-media presentation
- Write Documentation
- Localization: Help translate Eclipse into other languages
Fix Bugs or Implement Enhancements
- Is there some bug that really bothers you? Instead of just reporting it, fix it. And there are many bugs marked with helpwanted.
- To learn how the bug-fixing process works, check out the bug reporting FAQ:
- To learn about the lifecycle of bugzilla entries, check out the development process
- Google Summer of Code: Participate and get paid for coding!