Connectivity Europa Features
The following are the areas of focus for the Europa release. NOTE: This information is preliminary.
- 1 Europa Requirements
- 2 API Promotion
- 3 WTP/RDB Adopter Migration
- 4 ODA Enhancements
- 5 Generic Database Support
- 6 Community Outreach
- 7 General
These are derived from the Europa release requirements
- Separate runtime and SDK feature sets
All plugins must specify required JVM versionCompleted
- Target for M5
All plugins should be JARedCompleted
- Target for M5
- Top level bugzilla entry 172550
Elevate provisional API to platform status.
Unit Test Coverage
Improve unit test coverage for public API.
Improve developer documentation.
Planned revisions to public API. These revisions may be released as provisional API.
Note: API changes must be completed by M6
- Enable database recognition extension point
- Integrate with ConnectionInfo connection factories
- Investigate whether or not driver definition templates may be simplified (i.e. remove vendor specific driver definitions)
The proposed solution.
- Information from DatabaseMetaData should supercede statically defined settings in DatabaseDefinition, where/when applicable (BZ 166526).
DSE Specialization for SQL Model Content
Define standard approaches for specializing SQL model content (BZ 162291)
- Overriding default container names
- Adding content to default containers
- Specializing content structure
Integrate Work Offline Mode
Integrate Work Offline mode with core connectivity framework
WTP/RDB Adopter Migration
- Ensure feature compatibility
- Connection selection dialog (BZ 170130)
- Provide technical support to adopters
- Integrate connection profile framework with ODA runtime
- Add support for multi-dimensional data sources (experimental API)
Generic Database Support
- Expand generic DDL generation to include SPs, UDFs, etc.
- Modify JDBC catalog objects to recycle objects during refresh (BZ 170579)
- Document contribution process
- Update Derby catalog loader to use new catalog loader utility classes (BZ 167471)