Connecting to PostgreSQL 8.x
DTP 1.0 has driver definitions and a sample connection profile for PostgreSQL. While the catalog loader is not complete, this should give enough content in the Data Source Explorer to be useful.
DTP 0.9.x does not have a separate PostgreSQL driver template. You can, however, override the values in another driver template to get what is needed here.
- Choose any driver template from the list and override all values
- Name the driver template "PostgreSQL 8.x"
- Jar: postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc2.jar
- Driver: org.postgresql.Driver
- Database name: postgres
- URL: jdbc:postgresql:postgres
(edit: URL: jdbc:postgresql:\\servername\databasename)
Next, create the connection profile:
- Choose "SQL Model-JDBC Connection"
- Give the profile an appropriate name, such as "PostgreSQL"
- Choose the driver template you just created from the combo box
- "Finish" to save the connection profile
Note that you might have to tweak these values for your case. Results in a partial tree in Data Source Explorer, and can be used with the SQL Editor.