Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/MacOSX
< Common Build Infrastructure | Virtual Server Setup
Revision as of 23:29, 9 March 2009 by Nickboldt+bugzilla.gmail.com
This page documents how http://buildbox/ was set up for use in EclipseCon 2009's Hands-On: Using the new Common Builder for Push-Button PDE Builds tutorial.
Create or acquire virtual server image
- depending on where you are on the planet, this may be considered taboo. You may be able to create your own image using VMWare Converter.
- the details below apply to the "deadmoo" Mac OS X 10.4.1 image; using something newer, YMMV.
- update to 10.4.5 using Mac OS X 10.4.5 Combo Update. (I tried this and it failed.)
- find a terminal under Finder > Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal, and drag it into the desktop or launcher bar for convenience.
- open Safari and go to http://support.apple.com/downloads/Java_2_SE_5_0_Release_1. Download and install.
- get Eclipse 3.4.2: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
- unpack into ~/Desktop, then drag the eclipse/ folder into Finder > Go > Applications (/Applications dir).
- run Eclipse - hopefully you won't see this: http://imagebin.ca/view/X0k13i1x.html
At this point I'm stuck, as I can't run Eclipse or Hudson. Suggestions welcome.